    internet accocording to my Norton firewall every couple of minutes even
    though I block it, does anyone no what it is as it driving me up the wall.

    Thanks.

    Bigfred, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    Ionizer Guest

    "Bigfred" <> wrote in message
    news:7soSb.2053$...
    > I have something called win 32gb.exe which is attempting to access the
    > internet accocording to my Norton firewall every couple of minutes even
    > though I block it, does anyone no what it is as it driving me up the wall.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It is adware/spyware. Do a quick Google search to confirm this for
    yourself. As Mike would say, and I quote:

    "Download, update and use *all* of the following:"

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Bigfred

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:19:16 -0000, Bigfred wrote:

    >I have something called win 32gb.exe which is attempting to access the
    >internet accocording to my Norton firewall every couple of minutes even
    >though I block it, does anyone no what it is as it driving me up the wall.

    If you are blocking it, that's fine. You can't stop it trying however.

    www.google.com
    Searched the web
    for win32gb
    Results 1 - 10 of about 14. Search took 0.08 seconds.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=win32gb
    TrojanDownloader.Win32.Dluca.i

    http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=37640
    Win32.Dluca.C
    Alias: Downloader-DC (McAfee),
    TROJ_DLUCA.F (Trend),
    TrojanDownloader.Win32.Dluca.k (Kaspersky),
    Win32/Dluca.F.Downloader.Trojan

    Ripped from several Mike posts,
    ========================
    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    Install and use;

    SpyBot
    http://security.kolla.de/
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spyware Blaster

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See ****]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/
    ==================

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    Ghostmaster Guest

    Ghostmaster, Feb 13, 2004
  5. One thing to do, and really check into, is Norton Personal Security Suite,
    PGP Security Suite, and also Zero Fill.

    If you need a file shredder for Windows and Linux, there are several
    platforms available for them on their websites.

    Eric R. Clark, Feb 14, 2004