    (win32.Trojan downloader) and how to get rid of it....but how did I get
    it in the first place? Does anyone know?

    Sharon
    sharonf, Sep 12, 2006

  2. sharonf

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:44:02 -0700, sharonf <> wrote:

    >win32.Trojan downloader
    >
    >Ad-Aware found it on my computer and removed it. It has never found
    >anything like this on my computer before. I know what it does
    >(win32.Trojan downloader) and how to get rid of it....but how did I get
    >it in the first place? Does anyone know?

    No. We'd only be guessing.

    You downloaded a program, installed some software, or maybe used IE
    and visited a malicious site.
    Evan Platt, Sep 12, 2006

  3. sharonf

    old man Guest

    Who knows what sites you've been visiting and what you've been
    downloading/installing

    old man, Sep 12, 2006
  4. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:44:02 -0700, sharonf <> wrote:
    >
    >> win32.Trojan downloader
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware found it on my computer and removed it. It has never found
    >> anything like this on my computer before. I know what it does
    >> (win32.Trojan downloader) and how to get rid of it....but how did I get
    >> it in the first place? Does anyone know?

    > No. We'd only be guessing.
    >
    > You downloaded a program, installed some software, or maybe used IE
    > and visited a malicious site.

    I haven't downloaded anything lately. The only thing that I did do was
    copy the code for a web page background for a web page and I suspect
    that that is where the Trojan downloader came from. However I'm not sure
    if it came from something on the site or from the code itself. I also
    removed the code from the web page.
    sharonf, Sep 12, 2006
  5. sharonf

    SJP Guest

    "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    > win32.Trojan downloader
    >
    > Ad-Aware found it on my computer and removed it. It has never found
    > anything like this on my computer before. I know what it does
    > (win32.Trojan downloader) and how to get rid of it....but how did I get it
    > in the first place? Does anyone know?
    >
    > Sharon

    Getting the same on my Pc after the recent Adaware update (SE1R123) and
    people over at news:alt.privacy.spyware reporting the same. Maybe false
    positives?
    SJP, Sep 12, 2006
  6. sharonf

    shepard Guest

    SJP wrote:
    > "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    > > win32.Trojan downloader
    > >
    > > Ad-Aware found it on my computer and removed it. It has never found
    > > anything like this on my computer before. I know what it does
    > > (win32.Trojan downloader) and how to get rid of it....but how did I get it
    > > in the first place? Does anyone know?
    > >
    > > Sharon

    > Getting the same on my Pc after the recent Adaware update (SE1R123) and
    > people over at news:alt.privacy.spyware reporting the same. Maybe false
    > positives?

    Yeah, I got it too after the latest Adaware Update. I too am
    suspicious of a false positive as I have IE security settings well set,
    run up to date Avast! antivirus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard,
    AdAware and Spybot S&D. Also very careful about what I do online.
    Don't know though, as I guess we can all make a mistake. I did run
    Ewido from Safe Mode though, and it did not find anything. Seems like
    as strange false positive if it is. Especially since AdAware found 2
    or 3 registry entries that it flagged as the Win32.Trojan.downloader
    and it's agent???
    shepard, Sep 12, 2006
  7. sharonf

    shepard Guest

    shepard, Sep 12, 2006
  8. sharonf

    shepard Guest

    Found info really pointing to False Positives on this at:

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16887509~days=9999~start=20

    Annoying to have to spend a bunch of time dealing with a mistake on the
    part of AdAware if that is what it is. Overall a great program,
    though. Punishment for keeping on top of things, I guess. If I had
    just waited a day to update and run AdAware, and it is indeed FP's, it
    would have been easy and quick to find that out!
    shepard, Sep 12, 2006
  9. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    > Yeah, I got it too after the latest Adaware Update. I too am
    > suspicious of a false positive as I have IE security settings well set,
    > run up to date Avast! antivirus, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard,
    > AdAware and Spybot S&D. Also very careful about what I do online.
    > Don't know though, as I guess we can all make a mistake. I did run
    > Ewido from Safe Mode though, and it did not find anything. Seems like
    > as strange false positive if it is. Especially since AdAware found 2
    > or 3 registry entries that it flagged as the Win32.Trojan.downloader
    > and it's agent???

    So, what are you guys doing? I already let Ad-Aware remove them. Should
    I leave it like that or remove them from quarantine? Since my first post
    I also ran Ad-Aware on the other two computers in the house and the same
    entries were found on those.....along with something called "Bargain
    Buddy" on one of the computers.
    sharonf, Sep 12, 2006
  10. sharonf

    shepard Guest

    sharonf wrote:
    > So, what are you guys doing? I already let Ad-Aware remove them. Should
    > I leave it like that or remove them from quarantine? Since my first post
    > I also ran Ad-Aware on the other two computers in the house and the same
    > entries were found on those.....along with something called "Bargain
    > Buddy" on one of the computers.

    I did not restore anything. In fact my quarantine is empty. So far
    Imy computer does not seem to miss the 2 entries for the trojan and the
    1 entry for BargainBuddies. Hope all continues to run ok!
    shepard, Sep 13, 2006