    My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 AV is Norton2005 and Browser is IE6
    TIA
    jakis
    yakis, Jul 12, 2005

  2. yakis

    WormWood Guest

    This could help:
    http://www.pcsupportforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1430.html

    On booting, second try, does your pc perform ok? Can you boot into safe
    mode? You may or may not have a worm as you will be enlightened on
    reading this link.

    WormWood, Jul 12, 2005

  3. yakis

    yakis Guest

    Dear WormWood,
    On booting, second try, the pc performs normal again, due to having read
    the supportforums you gave me. Thanks again.
    yakis

    yakis, Jul 12, 2005
  4. yakis

    WormWood Guest

    If you are still getting the error message and boot failure, go to C:\
    folder and look for a file named "applog", can't recall if it has an
    extension or not, rename it to APPLOG1. Post back if it works, please.

    WormWood, Jul 12, 2005
  5. yakis

    yakis Guest

    My machine is back to normal again thanks to you.
    Cheers :)
    yakis

    yakis, Jul 12, 2005
  6. yakis

    WormWood Guest

    You're welcome.

    WormWood, Jul 13, 2005
  7. yakis

    ellis_jay Guest

    WormWood wrote:
    > If you are still getting the error message and boot failure, go to C:\
    > folder and look for a file named "applog", can't recall if it has an
    > extension or not, rename it to APPLOG1. Post back if it works, please.
    >

    > "yakis" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear WormWood,
    >> On booting, second try, the pc performs normal again, due to having
    >> read
    >> the supportforums you gave me. Thanks again.
    >> yakis
    >>

    >> "WormWood" <> wrote in message
    >>> This could help:
    >>> http://www.pcsupportforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1430.html
    >>>
    >>> On booting, second try, does your pc perform ok? Can you boot into
    >>> safe mode? You may or may not have a worm as you will be enlightened
    >>> on reading this link.
    >>>

    >>> "yakis" <> wrote in message

    do you mean appcompat log, Wormwood?

    Ellis_jay