    Setting the app compatibility mode didn't help ...

    This is not good news ... Our robust CTI PBX, though the company is long
    defunct, is far from finuto ... Suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBEeWVy?=, May 8, 2007

  2. This error means that the program is a 16 bit program. In your case,
    probably the installer is 16 bit. You don't have a whole lot of options
    except to install the application on a 32 bit system and then replicate the
    installation steps into the 64 bit registry. There are a few programs out
    there that can help with that. Or leave it running on a 32-bit version of
    Windows.

    This isn't that uncommon with older 32 bit programs. The early installation
    programs were actually 16 bit, and a lot of them never got converted.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 9, 2007

  3. Re: Win32 install error "for a machine type other than current mac

    Thanks Charlie ... The program specs say it's a 32 bit program ... but I
    suppose the authors might have kludged it with a 16 bit installer ... Could
    you point me at a program that might help with replicating the installation
    steps?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBEeWVy?=, May 10, 2007
  4. Re: Win32 install error "for a machine type other than current mac

    Off the top of my head, I don't know of one. But there have been mention
    here occasionally, so hopefully someone will jump in with it.

    Another workaround I've used with some success is to run an older 32-bit
    version of Windows in a VM on the 64-bit machine. Depending on what you need
    from the 32-bit app, that can be quite a reasonable solution. Virtual PC or
    Virtual Server will work fine if you don't need USB support. If you do, look
    at VMWare.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 10, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBEeWVy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Win32 install error "for a machine type other than current mac

    Some of the older programs have a separate install/uninstall program in the
    installation folder. I have has success replacing the 16bit installer with
    the 32bit installer. Usually Wise/Unwise

    John Barnes, May 10, 2007