    I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
    version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
    service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.

    baaa, Feb 28, 2005

  2. baaa

    baaa Guest

    tried run, winver, but does not say which service pack
    Just version 5.0, (build 2195)

    baaa, Mar 1, 2005

  3. baaa

    Pikan Guest

    Pikan, Mar 1, 2005
  4. baaa

    Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:11:11 -0500, "baaa" <fdd$@yahoo.com> wrote:

    |> I right clicked on my computer, then Properties. I does not say which
    |> version (labelled as Microsoft Windows 2000, 5.00.2195 but no mention of
    |> service pack. Does that by default mean service pack 1? Thanks.

    Yes I'm pretty, I've deleted W2K but under the ver number you should
    have: service pack #

    Don't take the chance grab the latest service pack, as W2K didn't really
    hold it's own until #4

    --

    , Mar 1, 2005
  5. baaa

    Guest

    , Mar 1, 2005
  6. baaa

    Ghostrider Guest

    Ghostrider, Mar 1, 2005
  7. baaa

    elaich Guest

    "baaa" <fdd$@yahoo.com> wrote in news:9l7Vd.8397$RM2.7302
    @read1.cgocable.net:

    > tried run, winver, but does not say which service pack
    > Just version 5.0, (build 2195)

    Then you don't have SP4 or any other. Mine says the same as your's and adds
    "Service Pack 4" after.

    Get SP4 ASAP as unpatched W2K is full of bugs and vulnerabilities.

    BTW, the easiest way to get your version info is to click Help in Windows
    Explorer and open About Windows.

    elaich, Mar 2, 2005