    Does anyone know why, and how to workaround this?

    Much Obliged
    Michael

    Michael, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Michael

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:59:27 +0100, "Michael" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >When starting the AD setup on a Win2000 server I get the following error a
    >few seconds after
    >the AD setup has started-
    >
    >"File Replication Service: The dependency service or group failed to start"
    >
    >And then the setup fails.
    >Does anyone know why, and how to workaround this?
    >

    >Much Obliged
    >Michael

    Michael,

    Check the entries in your log files. This KB article should help :

    Registry Settings for Event Detail in the Dcpromoui.log File
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221254

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Feb 7, 2004

  3. ----- Michael wrote: ----

    Hi

    When starting the AD setup on a Win2000 server I get the following error
    few seconds afte
    the AD setup has started-
    "File Replication Service: The dependency service or group failed to start

    And then the setup fails
    Does anyone know why, and how to workaround this

    I'll bet a bag of lollies your DNS is not workin

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi,

    I suspect that you are right.
    I have just let the Windows run the default installation of the DNS when
    prompted during the AD setup.

    Is there anything I can check to verify that the DNS is working properly?

    Thanks.
    Michael

    Michael, Feb 11, 2004
  5. ----- Michael wrote: -----

    Hi,

    I suspect that you are right.
    I have just let the Windows run the default installation of the DNS when
    prompted during the AD setup.

    Is there anything I can check to verify that the DNS is working properly?

    Go to a DOS prompt. Type "nslookup"

    If the answer times out, then there is no name server.
    When nslookup returns your server IP as a valid
    name server, AD setup will work.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Michael

    irwin420 Guest

    hi

    i recently installed 2k server with win 2k proff and am trying remot
    administration as i have only one keyboard mouse and monitor, th
    problem is my server configures to only one ip ie 218.254.252.214, whe
    its in this ip i can do remote admini, but if i change the ip t
    192.168.0.1 on server i cannot detect server in remote admin mode,

    my proff has dhcp enabled, what seems to be the problem ?, why cant
    change the ip of the server , and if i do change it why cant i find i
    in network, or remote admin mode

    please help

    rgds :confused

    irwin42