win2k server (70-215) cram master practice test for sale

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by gman, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. gman

    gman Guest

    gman, Apr 10, 2006

  2. gman

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "gman" <> did cause the electrons
    to come together and form the following words:

    > I have a examforce cram master practise test with exam cram2 content
    > for windows 2000 server for sale. It is for the microsoft 70-215 test.
    > Here's the description from their website: It's never been used.

    Yes, but have you opened it? Their licenses are non-transferrable.

    http://www.examforce.com/customer/supporteula.php

    Interesting situation. If you don't agree to the licensing terms, do you
    have to return it to them, or can you transfer it to someone else?

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Apr 10, 2006

  3. gman

    MitchS Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in message
    >I have a examforce cram master practise test with exam cram2 content
    > for windows 2000 server for sale. It is for the microsoft 70-215 test.
    > Here's the description from their website: It's never been used.
    >
    > http://www.examforce.com/customer/product.php?productid=16267&cat=0&page=1

    I ain't buying nothing called crammaster, sounds kinda icky.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Apr 10, 2006
  4. gman

    JaR Guest

    TBone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in news:Xns97A179C2F81AAreplyhere@
    207.46.248.16:

    > Interesting situation. If you don't agree to the licensing terms, do you
    > have to return it to them, or can you transfer it to someone else?

    You bet. Easy-peasy

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 10, 2006
  5. gman

    gman Guest

    Hmmmm....well that sucks. I can see if someone were making copies and
    selling them without a license why that would be prohibited. But I'm
    selling the original media and licenses so why the big deal. I'm
    sending them a query to get an affirmative answer one way or another.
    Interesting point on what happens if I refuse the terms of the license.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens.
    gman, Apr 10, 2006
  6. gman

    JaR Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in news:1144696045.855246.288020
    @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Hmmmm....well that sucks. I can see if someone were making copies and
    > selling them without a license why that would be prohibited. But I'm
    > selling the original media and licenses so why the big deal. I'm
    > sending them a query to get an affirmative answer one way or another.
    > Interesting point on what happens if I refuse the terms of the license.
    > I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens.

    If you never used them, then return them for a refund. If you have used
    them, then you agreed to the terms of the license, part of which states
    that you may not resell the product. Pretty simple, really.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 10, 2006
  7. gman

    gman Guest

    >If you never used them, then return them for a refund. If you have used
    >them, then you agreed to the terms of the license, part of which states
    >that you may not resell the product. Pretty simple, really.

    I've yet to see a company refund money for a return made after 30 to 60
    days. I've had these things more than a year probably two. We'll see
    what they say but I doubt I'm getting a refund. They sent me some cd's
    in paper sleeves in a padded envelope. There was no shrink wrapped
    package as is typical with most software so it's pretty hard for me to
    prove I never opened the package. Almost seemed like I was buying
    something from a business run out of someone's garage rather than a
    professional software company.
    gman, Apr 10, 2006
  8. gman

    kpg Guest

    As gman once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Almost seemed like I was buying something from a business run
    > out of someone's garage rather than a professional software
    > company.

    Well, with an endorsement like that, how much do you want?
    kpg, Apr 10, 2006
  9. gman

    JaR Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in news:1144701723.281809.132850
    @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Almost seemed like I was buying
    > something from a business run out of someone's garage rather than a
    > professional software company.

    *shrugs*

    Caveat emptor.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 10, 2006
  10. **gman's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > ...I've had these things more than a year probably two.

    And you think WE would want that OLD technology??

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 11, 2006
  11. **MitchS's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>

    > I ain't buying nothing called crammaster, sounds kinda icky.

    Crammaster: What lowdes is gonna nickname his jail hubby.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 11, 2006
  12. gman

    gman Guest

    >And you think WE would want that OLD technology??

    It's still a valid technology/test and I've plainly stated what tests
    this software pertains to. If it doesn't fit your bill then don't buy
    it!

    As far as my statement about the packaging, it doesn't mean that this
    is not a good product. In fact they are highly rated and if anyone has
    ever used the exam cram books you know what I mean. They even
    guarantee that you'll pass your test so they do stand by their product.
    They also give you free upgrades so if I can sell them you can upgrade
    them to sql server 2005 for free!
    gman, Apr 11, 2006
  13. **gman's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    >> And you think WE would want that OLD technology??

    > It's still a valid technology/test and I've plainly stated what tests
    > this software pertains to. If it doesn't fit your bill then don't buy
    > it!
    >
    > As far as my statement about the packaging, it doesn't mean that this
    > is not a good product. In fact they are highly rated and if anyone
    > has ever used the exam cram books you know what I mean. They even
    > guarantee that you'll pass your test so they do stand by their
    > product. They also give you free upgrades so if I can sell them you
    > can upgrade them to sql server 2005 for free!

    Thanks for the explanation, but I was kidding.

    Or maybe not, as you can see all the people that are just *jumping* over
    each other to get to you.

    Best bet.....Leave your e-mail address. I'm POSITIVE you will get e-mail as
    a result.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 11, 2006
  14. gman

    JaR Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in news:1144760153.396244.311850
    @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > It's still a valid technology/test and I've plainly stated what tests
    > this software pertains to. If it doesn't fit your bill then don't buy
    > it!
    >
    > As far as my statement about the packaging, it doesn't mean that this
    > is not a good product. In fact they are highly rated and if anyone has
    > ever used the exam cram books you know what I mean. They even
    > guarantee that you'll pass your test so they do stand by their product.
    > They also give you free upgrades so if I can sell them you can upgrade
    > them to sql server 2005 for free!

    Really? If it's such a whiz-bang product why did you not use it? If they
    stand by their product, why in heck would you not be able to get a
    refund? Your point about the upgrades is moot, because you can't re-sell
    the software.

    It seems we have a credibility gap here.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 11, 2006
  15. gman

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > It seems we have a credibility gap here.

    The devil you say! That's never happened here before.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Apr 11, 2006
  16. gman

    gman Guest

    >Really? If it's such a whiz-bang product why did you not use it? If they
    >stand by their product, why in heck would you not be able to get a
    >refund? Your point about the upgrades is moot, because you can't re-sell
    >the software.

    I already told you why I didn't use the product, read the beginning of
    the thread will you? It's been a year or longer since I bought the
    product like I said previously, I don't know of any company that will
    give you a refund after 30 to 60 days. The only sticking point with
    them is if I can resell the software or not. I've got a query into
    them now to find out what they say. Regardless of what they say I can
    still sell the media/software there just won't be any upgrades or
    pass/fail guarantees to whomever buys them. At $40 it's a substantial
    discount over the $100 list price. My email is if
    anyone is interested in actually buying them.
    gman, Apr 11, 2006
  17. << While I was at work, gman spurted out:
    >> Really? If it's such a whiz-bang product why did you not use it? If
    >> they stand by their product, why in heck would you not be able to
    >> get a refund? Your point about the upgrades is moot, because you
    >> can't re-sell the software.

    > I already told you why I didn't use the product, read the beginning of
    > the thread will you? It's been a year or longer since I bought the
    > product like I said previously, I don't know of any company that will
    > give you a refund after 30 to 60 days. The only sticking point with
    > them is if I can resell the software or not. I've got a query into
    > them now to find out what they say. Regardless of what they say I can
    > still sell the media/software there just won't be any upgrades or
    > pass/fail guarantees to whomever buys them. At $40 it's a substantial
    > discount over the $100 list price. My email is if
    > anyone is interested in actually buying them.

    The right buttons? I think so!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 11, 2006
  18. gman

    JaR Guest

    "gman" <> wrote in news:1144779209.932691.26050
    @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > At $40 it's a substantial
    > discount over the $100 list price. My email is if
    > anyone is interested in actually buying them.

    Well, , good luck to ya. You don't sound like the kind
    of person that I'd send forty bucks to, but that's just me.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 11, 2006
  19. gman

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Well, , good luck to ya. You don't sound like the
    > kind of person that I'd send forty bucks to, but that's just me.

    lol
    kpg, Apr 11, 2006
  20. << While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
    > "gman" <> wrote in news:1144779209.932691.26050
    > @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> At $40 it's a substantial
    >> discount over the $100 list price. My email is
    >> if anyone is interested in actually buying them.
    >>

    > Well, , good luck to ya. You don't sound like the
    > kind of person that I'd send forty bucks to, but that's just me.

    Not *just* you. What, do you think you're special?

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 11, 2006