    How many use Win2k Professional

    vs

    How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

    philo, Oct 5, 2007

  2. philo

    Bob_R Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
    > Just a quick survey here.
    >
    > How many use Win2k Professional
    >
    > vs
    >
    > How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

    In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    Bob

    Bob_R, Oct 5, 2007

  3. philo wrote:

    > I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
    > Just a quick survey here.
    >
    > How many use Win2k Professional

    @0rkplace, hundreds of boxen, "professionally" (no user has admin rights,
    domain, internet only over proxy, usage of firefox encouraged). Rarely ever
    a reinstall required unless the pc/drive goes tits up.
    Now "slowly" in the process of migration to xp.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 5, 2007
  4. philo

    Alfred Guest

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:52:52 GMT, "Bob_R" <> wrote:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
    >> Just a quick survey here.
    >>
    >> How many use Win2k Professional
    >>
    >> vs
    >>
    >> How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?
    >>

    >In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
    >(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    >Bob

    Same here except sometimes I fetch work home

    Alfred, Oct 5, 2007
  5. philo

    olfart Guest

    "Alfred" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:52:52 GMT, "Bob_R" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>>I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000
    >>>Professional...
    >>> Just a quick survey here.
    >>>
    >>> How many use Win2k Professional
    >>>
    >>> vs
    >>>
    >>> How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?
    >>>

    >>In my case, it's Win2k Pro, used unprofessionally.
    >>(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    >>Bob
    >>

    > Same here except sometimes I fetch work home
    >
    > --

    I'm an amateur still using Win2K Pro on my laptop.

    olfart, Oct 5, 2007
  6. philo

    elaich Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in news:jY-
    :

    > How many use Win2k Professional

    Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    elaich, Oct 5, 2007
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    "elaich" <|@|.|> wrote in message news:...
    > "philo" <> wrote in news:jY-
    > :
    >
    > > How many use Win2k Professional

    > Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.

    Yes I find Win2k great...
    even on pretty low end machines such as 350mhz with 128 megs of RAM.
    I've tweaked my installations a bit by disabling about 6 or 8 services
    plus importing msconfig from XP.

    BTW: The only advantage XP has over Win2k is the better driver base...
    but I made up a cd of all the XP drivers which I've extracted...
    and it works very well.

    Just expand all of XP's .in_ to .inf
    then extract the drivers.cab (and modem.cab)
    put it all in one folder and burn it to cd (about 300 megs)

    The use it to update any drivers missed by win2k

    another time saver is the unofficial SP5
    which can be slipstreamed to a win2k automated install cd

    philo, Oct 5, 2007
  8. philo

    j d Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "elaich" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> "philo" <> wrote in news:jY-
    >> :
    >>
    >> > How many use Win2k Professional

    >> Best Windows by far, if you have your drivers.
    >>

    > Yes I find Win2k great...
    > even on pretty low end machines such as 350mhz with 128 megs of RAM.
    > I've tweaked my installations a bit by disabling about 6 or 8 services
    > plus importing msconfig from XP.
    >

    > BTW: The only advantage XP has over Win2k is the better driver base...
    > but I made up a cd of all the XP drivers which I've extracted...
    > and it works very well.
    >
    > Just expand all of XP's .in_ to .inf
    > then extract the drivers.cab (and modem.cab)
    > put it all in one folder and burn it to cd (about 300 megs)
    >
    > The use it to update any drivers missed by win2k
    >
    > another time saver is the unofficial SP5
    > which can be slipstreamed to a win2k automated install cd

    win2k pro i used to use, and preferred ..

    and i would use win2k pro again, if i could get rid of vista home premium on
    this newish box ..

    j d, Oct 21, 2007
  9. philo

    Guest

    "philo" <> wrote:

    >I see quite a few questions from people using Windows 2000 Professional...
    >Just a quick survey here.
    >
    >How many use Win2k Professional
    >
    >vs
    >
    >How many using Win2k Unprofessional ?

    There is only WK2 Pro (server versions excluded)

    I like Wk2 it was/is my favorite windows OS, but W2K just couldn't
    play the games, XP can and why I use it now.

    --

    , Oct 21, 2007