    train on the Win2000 platform or Win2003. I have started
    studying for the 2000, but I don't want it to be obsolete
    once I'm done. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

    TJ, Aug 4, 2004

  2. TJ

    kpg Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:02e101c47a63$3ddf93b0$...
    > # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\139508.htm (8/4/2004 4:10:14 PM) #
    > I am about to begin the process of becoming an MCSE. I
    > would just like to know if you guys think it's better to
    > train on the Win2000 platform or Win2003. I have started
    > studying for the 2000, but I don't want it to be obsolete
    > once I'm done. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

    google:
    win2k or win2k3 group:*mcse*
    2000 or 2003 group:*mcse*

    kpg, Aug 4, 2004

  3. TJ

    catwalker63 Guest

    "TJ" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > I am about to begin the process of becoming an MCSE. I
    > would just like to know if you guys think it's better to
    > train on the Win2000 platform or Win2003. I have started
    > studying for the 2000, but I don't want it to be obsolete
    > once I'm done. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

    Windows 2000 is still current and will likely be so for some time. There
    are some differences between 2000 and 2003 but they are not as
    significant as the differences between NT4 and 2000. If you've started
    with 2000, finish it and then upgrade to 2003.

    --
    Kelley
    aka Catwalker

    "I hate the fact that you people don't salute me!"

    catwalker63, Aug 4, 2004
  4. TJ

    MikeF Guest

    2003. Without a doubt; no matter what anyone else tells you. Never bet on
    the past.

    MikeF, Aug 5, 2004
  5. TJ

    eddiec Guest

    win2k3 exams are better written

    scenarios are shorter / less exotic

    eddiec, Aug 5, 2004
  6. >Never bet on
    >the past.

    unless you're from the future!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 5, 2004
  7. TJ

    Omni Guest

    Well, good luck on the 2003 track. The test preparation
    is still in the beta stage. I saw 6 guys take the 70-290
    test and 5 failed. And that's the easy test, wait till
    they hit infrastructure!

    Omni, Aug 6, 2004
  8. TJ

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 4, 2004 "TJ" blathered:

    > I am about to begin the process of becoming an MCSE. I
    > would just like to know if you guys think it's better to
    > train on the Win2000 platform or Win2003. I have started
    > studying for the 2000, but I don't want it to be obsolete
    > once I'm done. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

    I'm sure by the time you actually get done, *both* will be obsolete. So will
    transistor driven microprocessors, cathode ray tubes, and the internal
    combustion engine. Welcome to the Newsgroup. :)

    --
    Tech "Abusive Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 6, 2004