    my computer. On the other hand, the lan computers passwords were
    not allowed to disabled, though I know this method would work.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    ThinkingWalker, Feb 26, 2004

  2. ThinkingWalker

    Duane Arnold Guest

    ThinkingWalker<> wrote in news:c1joj9
    $:

    > I have a problem in accessing local network with my win2k pc.
    > I need to access a lan computer without typing the password.
    > However, if I used winxp, there's an option that I could choose
    > to remember password in future, but I couldn't find this tick box
    > in win2k. The reason that I need to do this is because I've to do
    > auto backup for some computers in the network whenever I start
    > my computer. On the other hand, the lan computers passwords were
    > not allowed to disabled, though I know this method would work.
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Then you're going to have to make the user-id and password for all machines
    on the network the same and Win2k has no feature to remember a PSW for
    login that I know of for the situation, expect for at the boot and login
    sequence. You can make a registry setting that will allow Win2k to supply
    the user-id and PSW, bypassing the Windows logon prompting.

    BY making the user-id and PSW the same, there will be no logon prompts.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 26, 2004