    already configured as a workstation or server on the domain. Please contact
    your domain administrator".

    I cannot figure out what seems to be the problem. Anyone can help me?

    Guan Foo Wah, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Guan Foo Wah

    Plain Guest

    This is most likely if the Windows 2000-based computer or
    Windows Server 2003-based computer is unable to resolve
    the NetBIOS name of the Windows NT 4.0-based primary
    domain controller.

    Check for the following:

    If you use Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) to
    resolve NetBIOS names, make sure that the IP addresses of
    the WINS servers are configured correctly on Windows 2000-
    based computers and Windows Server 2003-based computers,
    and that NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled.

    Hope this will help!

    promoted to a domain
    >controller (still in mixed mode). I have just installed

    a WinNT 4.0 Server
    >BDC (with SP1). When trying to join the BDC to the win2k

    domain, I key in
    >the following
    >
    >Computer Name = BDC
    >Domain = jeff
    >Administrator Name = administrator
    >Password = administrator password
    >
    >I get "The machine account for this computer does not

    exist or is
    >inaccessible" error message. I tried to create a

    computer account called
    >"BDC" under domain controller or under computers

    with "Allow pre windows
    >2000 to use this account". Instead I get this

    message "This computer is

    Plain , Oct 31, 2003

  3. circa Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:45:47 +0800, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Guan Foo Wah () said,
    > I have a Win2k Advance Server (with SP4) just been promoted to a domain
    > controller (still in mixed mode). I have just installed a WinNT 4.0 Server
    > BDC (with SP1). When trying to join the BDC to the win2k domain, I key in
    > the following
    >
    > Computer Name = BDC
    > Domain = jeff
    > Administrator Name = administrator
    > Password = administrator password
    >
    > I get "The machine account for this computer does not exist or is
    > inaccessible" error message. I tried to create a computer account called
    > "BDC" under domain controller or under computers with "Allow pre windows
    > 2000 to use this account". Instead I get this message "This computer is
    > already configured as a workstation or server on the domain. Please contact
    > your domain administrator".
    >
    > I cannot figure out what seems to be the problem. Anyone can help me?

    You have to use Server Manager to add BDCs to the domain in Windows
    2000. Go to start-> run -> srvmgr.exe and add it that way.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Nov 3, 2003
  4. circa Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:41:14 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Plain
    () said,

    > This is most likely if the Windows 2000-based computer or
    > Windows Server 2003-based computer is unable to resolve
    > the NetBIOS name of the Windows NT 4.0-based primary
    > domain controller.

    Nope, it's a glitch in 2k.

    Laura
    --
    I find that the further I go back, the better things were, whether
    they happened or not.

    Laura A. Robinson, Nov 3, 2003