Win2K, AD and Wireless laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Charles, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. Charles

    Charles Guest

    Here is my setup.
    I have a internal domain at home. This network is hardwired, and running on
    Windows 2K AS SP4.
    Now, I installed a WAP for my laptop. I can access my network (and the
    internet) once I have logged on.
    The problem arises during bootime and shutdown. The laptop is unable to
    communicate with the DC during these times, and my user profile is not
    loaded/saved.
    I contacted Linksys about this, and I was told to contact Microsoft.
    I have been doing a lot of searching on Google and really haven't found
    anything that I can relate to my problem, so I'm turning to you fine people.

    Current setup:
    Modem-to-Zywall 10W Router-to-Linksys 16 Port Switch-to-Linksys WAP54G v2
    (with latest firmware)-to-Linksys WPC54G v2.

    All workstations are Win2K SP4.
    Hopefully, I haven't sounded to confusing.

    TIA

    Charles

    Charles, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Charles

    Charles Guest

    I should have also added that I assume it's because the device drivers are
    not loaded during boot-up and are unloaded too early during shutdown.
    I am hoping that there is a workaround or some setting that I may have
    missed.

    TIA

    Charles

    Charles, Mar 13, 2005