    I am Against-TCPA
    http://www.againsttcpa.com
    ==============
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in
    news:Xns949987DF3C3BBrowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:

    > okay, i may get flamed for this, but i swear i searched the ms site, and

    > can't find a step by step guide to setting up headless server.
    >
    > anyone got the link handy?
    >
    > basically what i need to know is, do i do a regular install first and

    then
    > tweak it to boot headless or do i have to stick to headless install
    > procedure right from the get go.

    p.s. i have given up trying to get headless working with linux.

    the boss people gave me cash for OS and said if i don't get it working by
    end of week they will kick my ass!

    --
    The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Guest

    By definition, it is headless first. More info is
    available from
    http://www.headless.org

    hth,
    chop

    the ms site, and i
    >can't find a step by step guide to setting up headless

    server.

    >anyone got the link handy?
    >
    >basically what i need to know is, do i do a regular

    install first and then
    >tweak it to boot headless or do i have to stick to

    headless install
    >procedure right from the get go.
    >

    >--
    >The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    >Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    >==============
    >I am Against-TCPA
    >http://www.againsttcpa.com
    >==============
    >.

    , Feb 24, 2004
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Sparky Guest

    Here is an MS link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
    ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/deployguide/sdccg_ems_overview.asp

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Sparky Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
    ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/deployguide/sdccg_ems_overview.asp

    Lets see if the whole link sticks now....

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Rowdy Yates

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates

    Sparky Guest

    Here is the abbreviated version

    Thanks....

    http://tinyurl.com/pi1

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Sparky Guest

    OK...I have it correct now : )

    http://tinyurl.com/2xe93

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Hi Rowdy,
    You can go either way, but if you aren't familiar with pushing remote
    installs it is simpler to temporarily plug in a kb,mouse,and
    monitor--install server 2003 and set up remote admin,check the bios and tell
    it to stop on no errors, unplug the peripherals, reboot and you are good to
    go.
    Simply RD into the machine for complete control.

    PS--XP Pro handles headless as well as Server 2003. 4 of my workstations at
    home are headless boxes.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Feb 24, 2004
  10. Rowdy Yates

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 24, 2004
  11. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in news:eUw8x8w#DHA.2552
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > Hi Rowdy,
    > You can go either way, but if you aren't familiar with pushing remote
    > installs it is simpler to temporarily plug in a kb,mouse,and
    > monitor--install server 2003 and set up remote admin,check the bios and

    tell
    > it to stop on no errors, unplug the peripherals, reboot and you are good

    > go.
    > Simply RD into the machine for complete control.
    >
    > PS--XP Pro handles headless as well as Server 2003. 4 of my workstations

    at
    > home are headless boxes.

    thanks larry. i like your idea.

    actially this is for a little RIS server i will hide in a cupboard.

    ry

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 24, 2004
  12. Rowdy Yates

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Feb 24, 2004
  13. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in news:eUw8x8w#DHA.2552
    > @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Hi Rowdy,
    >> You can go either way, but if you aren't familiar with pushing remote
    >> installs it is simpler to temporarily plug in a kb,mouse,and
    >> monitor--install server 2003 and set up remote admin,check the bios
    >> and

    > tell
    >> it to stop on no errors, unplug the peripherals, reboot and you are
    >> good

    >> go.
    >> Simply RD into the machine for complete control.
    >>
    >> PS--XP Pro handles headless as well as Server 2003. 4 of my
    >> workstations

    > at
    >> home are headless boxes.
    >>

    > thanks larry. i like your idea.
    >
    > actially this is for a little RIS server i will hide in a cupboard.
    >
    > ry

    what does not bode well is that the little box i am installing on has no
    way to tell it to "stop on no errors".

    time to google for some compatible MB's.... :-(

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    Things I learnt in the army:
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Ouch--I hate mbs where the least restrictive stop setting is "all but
    keyboard". The blasted things will lock on a reboot even when hooked to a
    KVM unless that pc has kvm focus.

    Larry Samuels, Feb 25, 2004