    WX
    --
    Never shake the hand of reality without first counting your fingers.

    WX, Oct 22, 2004

  2. WX

    WX Guest

    I should mention I am using the auto backup software bundled with the Iomega
    software.
    Maybe I should be talking to Iomega?

    --
    Never shake the hand of reality without first counting your fingers.

    WX, Oct 22, 2004

  3. WX

    Guest

    You can use http://www.firestreamer.com/fsdvd/ to backup directly to
    DVD with ntbackup.

    WX <> wrote in message news:<hrYdd.34634$>...
    > I have a win2000 server setup with a separate file partition (D), I also
    > have an Iomega dvd burner for my backup media.
    > My problem is it gets so far into the backup and hangs, always on the same
    > file ( a Publisher file). If I try to cancel the backup the whole machine
    > hangs.
    > Ntbackup won't recognise the dvd burner or the cdrom burner as usable backup
    > media but it will recognise a usb pocketdisk drive and will backup to it.
    > Sys specs are: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ with 256Mb RAM. HD C:14.6 Gb, HD D:23.6Gb
    > Any ideas please.
    > WX

    , Oct 31, 2004