    a way to prevent them from starting everytime I boot my PC, so I don't have
    to go in and manually end the process each time. Thanks.
    -D-

    -D-, Aug 9, 2004

  2. "-D-" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > My PC is running rather slowly. I'm running Win2000 Professional. I

    notice
    > that I have a lot of processes that are automatically started when I boot

    up
    > my PC (viewing the processes in task manager CTRL + ALT + DEL). Many are
    > attributed to AOL. I can stop the process by hitting end process. Is

    there
    > a way to prevent them from starting everytime I boot my PC, so I don't

    have
    > to go in and manually end the process each time. Thanks.
    > -D-

    You can use msconfig in Windows 2000, but for some stupid reason, MS did not
    include it. However, you can download it here -
    http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html

    That's probably the easiest way to do it.

    Patrick Michael, Aug 9, 2004

  3. -D-

    David Hough Guest

    -D- wrote:
    > My PC is running rather slowly. I'm running Win2000 Professional. I notice
    > that I have a lot of processes that are automatically started when I boot up
    > my PC (viewing the processes in task manager CTRL + ALT + DEL). Many are
    > attributed to AOL. I can stop the process by hitting end process. Is there
    > a way to prevent them from starting everytime I boot my PC, so I don't have
    > to go in and manually end the process each time. Thanks.
    > -D-

    You can go into aol instant messenger and then uncheck the checkmark for
    "start when windows starts"

    David Hough, Aug 10, 2004
  4. -D-

    -D- Guest

    Thanks for the information. I appreciate the link to the MSConfig
    Utility...that worked very well. Thanks again.
    -D-

    -D-, Aug 10, 2004