    says a bad path,so i figure its not like win xp.

    thanks
    pel

    pel, May 22, 2004

  2. pel

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:56:59 +0100, "pel" <> wrote:

    >Please can you tell me where do i find windows 2000 configuration,i want to
    >disable some startup programmes on a friends machine,if i type msconfig it
    >says a bad path,so i figure its not like win xp.
    >
    > thanks
    > pel

    msconfig from WinXP: Can be used in Win2k
    http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads.html
    http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads/msconfig.zip

    Startup Control Panel stand-alone utilitys (like msconfig)
    Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, and XP
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    http://www.forrestandassociates.co.uk/pcforrest/startman_v1.html

    Unk, May 22, 2004

  3. pel

    pel Guest

    many thanks!!

    pel

    pel, May 22, 2004
  4. pel

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 10:26:22 +0100, "pel" <> wrote:

    >many thanks!!
    >
    > pel

    You're welcome.

    In the future, could you please include some of the message you are
    responding to, in your reply? That way, all can benefit from the solution.
    (Tools, Options, "Send" tab, check the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    Unk, May 22, 2004
  5. pel

    Plato Guest

    Plato, May 22, 2004
  6. pel

    Unk Guest

    On 22 May 2004 14:31:27 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Unk wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.forrestandassociates.co.uk/pcforrest/startman_v1.html

    >Surprised to see a link to Peter. It's my understanding that he's
    >disappeard tho as
    >I haven't had a link to him for over a year.

    That link was active last time I checked. Thanks for the update.
    I'll miss him. He was a good source of info. :(

    Unk, May 22, 2004