    are reported invalid. I can get into it as a slave.
    Is there anywhere in the system files or registry where I
    can reset the Administrator password?

    jfwilson, Jan 10, 2004

  2. jfwilson

    chris Guest

    jfwilson wrote:

    > I am trying to access a hard drive which has win2000
    > installed protected by passwords. All the known passwords
    > are reported invalid. I can get into it as a slave.
    > Is there anywhere in the system files or registry where I
    > can reset the Administrator password?

    Maybe this will be of some use:
    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    Wonderful thing Google

    Chris.

    chris, Jan 10, 2004

  3. jfwilson

    ac Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am trying to access a hard drive which has win2000
    > installed protected by passwords. All the known passwords
    > are reported invalid. I can get into it as a slave.
    > Is there anywhere in the system files or registry where I
    > can reset the Administrator password?

    ntpasswd works great (well at setting the admin password back to blank
    away)

    Just burn the ISO to a CD and boot off CD.

    Always good to see Linux to the rescue ;)

    ac, Jan 10, 2004
  4. jfwilson

    jfwilson Guest

    "ac" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > I am trying to access a hard drive which has win2000
    > > installed protected by passwords. All the known passwords
    > > are reported invalid. I can get into it as a slave.
    > > Is there anywhere in the system files or registry where I
    > > can reset the Administrator password?
    > >

    > ntpasswd works great (well at setting the admin password back to blank
    > away)
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    > Just burn the ISO to a CD and boot off CD.
    >
    > Always good to see Linux to the rescue ;)

    Worked a treat. Thankyou.

    jfwilson, Jan 10, 2004
  5. jfwilson

    jfwilson Guest

    "chris" <> wrote in message
    > jfwilson wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to access a hard drive which has win2000
    > > installed protected by passwords. All the known passwords
    > > are reported invalid. I can get into it as a slave.
    > > Is there anywhere in the system files or registry where I
    > > can reset the Administrator password?

    > Maybe this will be of some use:
    > http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    >
    > Wonderful thing Google
    >
    > Chris.

    Trying to use EBCD boot without understanding what
    I was doing was what fucked it up in the first place. :)
    I had deleted the existing user passwords without managing
    to set a new admin. one. Since I could access the disk I thought
    there might be an easier way.
    "ntpasswd" was a bit easier to use and got it sorted.
    Thankyou

    jfwilson, Jan 10, 2004