    have failed.

    His e-mail address is (Stephen Baxter)

    Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.
    Trevor Halsey, Aug 10, 2009

  2. "Trevor Halsey" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
    > is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
    > possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
    > (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
    > install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
    > have failed.
    >
    > His e-mail address is (Stephen Baxter)
    >

    > Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

    No. You should try running it in a virtual machine.
    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 10, 2009

  3. On 9 août, 19:35, "Trevor Halsey" <> wrote:
    > Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
    > is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
    > possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
    > (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
    > install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
    > have failed.
    >
    > His e-mail address is  (Stephen Baxter)
    >
    > Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

    Unless you have the source code, no.
    Dr Frankenstein, Aug 10, 2009
  4. On 9 août, 19:35, "Trevor Halsey" <> wrote:
    > Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
    > is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
    > possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
    > (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
    > install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
    > have failed.
    >
    > His e-mail address is  (Stephen Baxter)
    >
    > Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

    I shall add that there probably is a plethora of win32 or win64 clones
    to that game.
    Dr Frankenstein, Aug 10, 2009
  5. "Trevor Halsey" <>
    ??????:...
    > Is there any way to set up an old windows 3.1 game (WinRoids made in 1993,
    > is a 16bit windows program) and make this able to run on Windows x64,
    > possibly with mundane ways of converting the game to from 16bit to 32bit
    > (without the use of DOSBox or a pc emulator where I have to practically
    > install win3.1)? I have attempted to contact the author, but all attempts
    > have failed.
    >
    > His e-mail address is (Stephen Baxter)
    >

    > Note: I do not have the original source code for the game.

    I think you are a nostalgic boy ,or you expecially like experience the old
    things. A game make for win16 is hard to run win32 or win64. I suggest you
    play other game similar to WinRoids and make for win32 or win64. good luck
    ,and happy everyday.
    bill bonaparte, Oct 23, 2009