    for no good reason?!

    Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying *EVERYTHING*
    else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting the USB mounted.

    ian field, Oct 3, 2010

  2. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    > formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    > in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    > aggravation for no good reason?!
    >
    > Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    > *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    > the USB mounted.

    Chalk it up to shitty code, half-assed mounting, whatever. I don't find
    this surprising with any Windows product.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010

  3. ian field

    G. Morgan Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote:

    >Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying *EVERYTHING*
    >else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting the USB mounted.

    Type "diskmgmt.msc" to get to the disk control panel. Format it from there.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  4. ian field

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    > formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    > in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    > aggravation for no good reason?!
    >
    > Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    > *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    > the USB mounted.

    You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H drive.

    Silly n00b.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he found Piglet in bed with Eeyore.

    Dan C, Oct 3, 2010
  5. ian field

    joevan Guest

    On 03 Oct 2010 22:55:11 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    >> in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>
    >> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    >> the USB mounted.

    >You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H drive.
    >
    >Silly n00b.

    Now I know you are an idiot. And a troll.

    joevan, Oct 4, 2010
  6. ian field

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    >> in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>
    >> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    >> the USB mounted.

    > You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H drive.
    >
    > Silly n00b.

    He thinks formatting the C drive will cure a hemorrhoid. And even bring
    about world peace? ;-)

    Tim Conway, Oct 4, 2010
  7. ian field

    NotMe Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in message
    > After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    > formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back in
    > (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    > aggravation for no good reason?!
    >
    > Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying *EVERYTHING*
    > else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting the USB
    > mounted.

    Might try SwissKnief (free verison)
    http://download.cnet.com/SwissKnife/3000-2248_4-10389770.html

    I've been playing with it and so far so good.

    NotMe, Oct 4, 2010
  8. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On 03 Oct 2010 22:55:11 GMT, Dan C <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Silly n00b.

    > Now I know you are an idiot. And a troll.

    What took you so long?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 4, 2010
  9. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    > formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight
    > back in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command
    > line.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    > aggravation for no good reason?!
    >
    > Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    > *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried
    > interrupting the USB mounted.

    R&R the drivers.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 4, 2010
  10. ian field

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:57:51 -0400, Tim Conway wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >>> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight
    >>> back in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command
    >>> line.
    >>>
    >>> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >>> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>>
    >>> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >>> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried
    >>> interrupting the USB mounted.

    >> You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H
    >> drive.
    >>
    >> Silly n00b.
    >>

    > He thinks formatting the C drive will cure a hemorrhoid.

    Who does?

    > And even bring about world peace? ;-)

    Quit skipping your remedial English class.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dropped another white rhino.

    Dan C, Oct 4, 2010
  11. ian field

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 01:04:48 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >
    >> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    >> in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>
    >> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    >> the USB mounted.
    >>

    > R&R the drivers.

    LOL! The "drivers"? What fucking drivers, you retarded moron?

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he mounted Piglet from behind.

    Dan C, Oct 4, 2010
  12. ian field

    G. Morgan Guest

    joevan <> wrote:

    >>You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H drive.
    >>
    >>Silly n00b.

    >Now I know you are an idiot. And a troll.

    Nonsensism: inclusive of the epigram and the wisecrack, it is any kind of funny
    nonsense in speaking form. Nonsensism includes all kinds of absurdity without
    realistic logic and makes a general observation of absurd reference.

    http://library.thinkquest.org/J002267F/types_of_humor.htm

    G. Morgan, Oct 4, 2010
  13. ian field

    Tony Guest

    What the hell's R&R? The Reading Railroad on the monopoly board?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 4, 2010
  14. ian field

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 04/10/2010 02:04, chuckcar wrote:
    > "ian field"<> wrote in
    >
    >> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight
    >> back in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command
    >> line.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>
    >> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried
    >> interrupting the USB mounted.
    >>

    > R&R the drivers.

    Idiot

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 4, 2010
  15. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight back
    >> in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command line.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>
    >> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried interrupting
    >> the USB mounted.

    > You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H drive.

    Fuckwit.

    ian field, Oct 4, 2010
  16. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:57:51 -0400, Tim Conway wrote:
    >
    >> "Dan C" <> wrote in message

    >>> You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H
    >>> drive.
    >>>
    >>> Silly n00b.
    >>>

    >> He thinks formatting the C drive will cure a hemorrhoid.

    > Who does?
    >
    >> And even bring about world peace? ;-)

    > Quit skipping your remedial English class.

    You should be sterilised in the best interests of human evolution.

    Idiots like you need to be prevented from breeding.

    ian field, Oct 4, 2010
  17. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:25:31 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:08:06 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> After a lot of faffing about I eventually managed to con the PC into
    >>> formatting the USB stick by pulling it out and putting it straight
    >>> back in (without clicking eject) and typing Format/u H: in command
    >>> line.
    >>>
    >>> I was wondering if anyone knew why XP-SP3 was giving me all this
    >>> aggravation for no good reason?!
    >>>
    >>> Format/U H: in command line was the last resort after trying
    >>> *EVERYTHING* else, and even that didn't work until I tried
    >>> interrupting the USB mounted.

    >> You have to format the Cee drive first, before you can format an H
    >> drive.
    >>

    > Fuckwit.

    Don't insult the fuckwits. They are light years more witty than this
    turd.

    Meat Plow, Oct 4, 2010
  18. ian field

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:29:08 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:57:51 -0400, Tim Conway wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Dan C" <> wrote in message

    >>> He thinks formatting the C drive will cure a hemorrhoid.

    >> Who does?
    >>
    >>> And even bring about world peace? ;-)

    >> Quit skipping your remedial English class.
    >>

    > You should be sterilised in the best interests of human evolution.
    >
    > Idiots like you need to be prevented from breeding.

    Too late. You should have called your wife an hour ago.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he puked on Christopher Robin.

    Dan C, Oct 5, 2010
  19. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:29:08 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "Dan C" <> wrote in message

    >>> Who does?

    >>> Quit skipping your remedial English class.
    >>>

    >> You should be sterilised in the best interests of human evolution.
    >>
    >> Idiots like you need to be prevented from breeding.

    > Too late. You should have called your wife an hour ago.

    Yeah right - she'd rip you to shreds.

    ian field, Oct 5, 2010
  20. ian field

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:21:14 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:29:08 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Dan C" <> wrote in message

    >>> You should be sterilised in the best interests of human evolution.
    >>>
    >>> Idiots like you need to be prevented from breeding.

    >> Too late. You should have called your wife an hour ago.

    > Yeah right - she'd rip you to shreds.

    Well I do have some serious fingernail scratches on my back.

    A wild one, fer sure!

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he tried to learn COBOL.

    Dan C, Oct 6, 2010