    an "unable to complete" message when using XP CD (as instructed) on my
    WIN98se PC.
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?WW91dmVz?=, Jan 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WW91dmVz?=

    Guest Guest

    Having difficulty setting up WIN 98SE computer to 802.11g
    router. Have cable and router recognizes cable signal ok
    but can't connect PC to web using Internet Explorer
    (Server not found). Router mfg. says PC not equipped
    with proper network files??? Searched for files
    like "winipcfg", etc but told files not found. Tried
    Microsoft site but came up empty. Any suggestions?
    Thx.

    (W2000) linked to a
    >wireless network with a D-link DI 524 router. Internet

    connection was never a
    >problem, but it took a long time enabling file and

    printer sharing, probably
    >because of the different WIN OS. (W 98SE PC too old to

    upgrade.)
    >I had temporary success following advice found here

    (thanks Micha and
    >Holzman!); eg, NetBIOS over TCP/IP, etc. but, now, I

    get "workgroup not
    >accessible. You may not have permission..." message on

    both PC. The only
    >changes I can think of was installing SP 2 on my XP

    computer, but I made sure
    >that file and printer sharing is enabled in the firewall

    exceptions, without
    >result.
    >(I also tried to implement static DHCP on my router to

    get fixed IP for
    >security reason, but went back to dynamic after

    developping internet
    >connections problems.Don't think it's related though.)
    >I also tried starting over from scratch using XP Wizard

    (mistake?) but got

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005