  1. sammy

    sammy Guest

    what does the xp stand for?

    sammy, Sep 2, 2006

  2. sammy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Sep 2, 2006

  3. sammy

    Guest

    , Sep 2, 2006
  4. sammy

    Guest

    , Sep 2, 2006
  5. sammy

    thanatoid Guest

    "sammy" <> wrote in
    news:3V8Kg.21278$:

    > what does the xp stand for?

    Officially, eXPerience. MS has LOTS of experience in putting out
    garbage. Or maybe they meant the extreme kind of experience
    trying to use XP and keeping up with all the patches and updates
    has to be for the poor saps (sorry, gang) who actually use it.

    I prefer to call it:

    XtraProblems
    XtraPrying
    XtraPhucked

    I suppose with enough time one could come up with a lot of
    others..

    Windows NT stood for New Technology, as does the NTFS (New
    Technology File System).

    They may know how to hypnotize everyone into buying all their
    crap. but they certainly aren't particularly inventive when it
    comes to product names. I'm surprised they haven't claimed
    copyright on the words computer, office, word, and mouse yet.
    They should call their product "the" and claim copyright and
    restrictions of use on that. That should make for a nice cash
    inflow every second.

    thanatoid, Sep 2, 2006
  6. sammy

    Gordon Guest

    "sammy" <> wrote in message
    > what does the xp stand for?

    eXPensive?

    Gordon, Sep 2, 2006
  7. sammy

    cuntbubble Guest

    cuntbubble, Sep 3, 2006
  8. sammy

    cuntbubble Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message

    > Windows NT stood for New Technology,

    Do some research before posting such dogwaste:

    Originally: Northern Telecom
    or
    "Another theory is that the NT acronym originally came from the Engineers
    working on it. The acronym stands for N-Ten, the code name for the i860 chip
    that NT was being tested on."

    cuntbubble, Sep 3, 2006
  9. sammy

    thanatoid Guest

    "cuntbubble" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Windows NT stood for New Technology,

    > Do some research before posting such dogwaste:
    >
    > Originally: Northern Telecom
    > or
    > "Another theory is that the NT acronym originally came from
    > the Engineers working on it. The acronym stands for N-Ten,
    > the code name for the i860 chip that NT was being tested
    > on."

    Theory. Right. Make up your mind, research or theory?

    Windows Northern Telecom. Sure.
    Does you nick stand for the stuff leaking from your ears?

    Here's some research:

    ====================

    From: Bill Barrett <>

    Hi,

    Excuse me if I'm naive' and everyone knew this, but - as you
    know - Dave Cutler headed the Windows NT development team, after
    he had headed the VMS dev team at DEC, and....

    V M S
    W N T

    I guess it was the next OS++ in alphabetical order.

    Bill Barrett

    From: Uri London <>

    This is a very old stuff. Anyway, this is just half of the
    story. About a year and a half after the beginning of the
    developing process of NT, someone discover that WNT is VMS++. so
    he asked Dave about that, and his answer was: "wow, It took you
    too long to find that". Hey, the men kept his mouth close 18
    months, just because he wants to discover how long does it takes
    others to find it out.

    Uri London

    ====================

    The Origin of the NT Name

    A lot of people wonder where the NT name from. Well, the
    emergent programming language at the time was C++. If you
    understand the history of the NT project (primarily that Dave
    Cutler came from Digital's VMS team), this makes a lot of sense.
    What is VMS++? WNT (Windows NT). In fact, Dave Cutler apparently
    wondered how long it would take others to found this out.

    ====================

    One of the other neat aspects of NT is its native file system
    called (NTFS - New Technology File System). It was designed to
    replace the ancient FAT (File Allocation Table).
    (...)

    ====================

    Since no normal customer could possibly understand the REAL
    reason for the NT name (assuming the info above is true),
    Microsoft decided on New Technology as the standard answer, just
    like they previously decided on the word Word for their "word
    processor".

    or...

    "Microsoft. We make technology easy for idiots."

    Have a nice day.
    See if they have a sale on brains.
    t.

    thanatoid, Sep 3, 2006
  10. sammy

    cuntbubble Guest

    thanatoid <> jizzed:

    >"cuntbubble" <> wrote in
    >
    >> "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Windows NT stood for New Technology,

    >> Do some research before posting such dogwaste:
    >>
    >> Originally: Northern Telecom
    >> or
    >> "Another theory is that the NT acronym originally came from
    >> the Engineers working on it. The acronym stands for N-Ten,
    >> the code name for the i860 chip that NT was being tested
    >> on."

    >Theory. Right. Make up your mind, research or theory?
    >
    >Windows Northern Telecom. Sure.
    >Does you nick stand for the stuff leaking from your ears?
    >
    >Here's some research:
    >
    >====================
    >
    >From: Bill Barrett <>
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >Excuse me if I'm naive' and everyone knew this, but - as you
    >know - Dave Cutler headed the Windows NT development team, after
    >he had headed the VMS dev team at DEC, and....
    >
    > V M S
    > W N T
    >
    > I guess it was the next OS++ in alphabetical order.
    >
    > Bill Barrett
    >

    >From: Uri London <>
    >
    > This is a very old stuff. Anyway, this is just half of the
    >story. About a year and a half after the beginning of the
    >developing process of NT, someone discover that WNT is VMS++. so
    >he asked Dave about that, and his answer was: "wow, It took you
    >too long to find that". Hey, the men kept his mouth close 18
    >months, just because he wants to discover how long does it takes
    >others to find it out.
    >
    > Uri London
    >

    >====================
    >
    >The Origin of the NT Name
    >
    >A lot of people wonder where the NT name from. Well, the
    >emergent programming language at the time was C++. If you
    >understand the history of the NT project (primarily that Dave
    >Cutler came from Digital's VMS team), this makes a lot of sense.
    >What is VMS++? WNT (Windows NT). In fact, Dave Cutler apparently
    >wondered how long it would take others to found this out.
    >
    >====================
    >
    >One of the other neat aspects of NT is its native file system
    >called (NTFS - New Technology File System). It was designed to
    >replace the ancient FAT (File Allocation Table).
    >(...)
    >
    >====================
    >
    >Since no normal customer could possibly understand the REAL
    >reason for the NT name (assuming the info above is true),
    >Microsoft decided on New Technology as the standard answer, just
    >like they previously decided on the word Word for their "word
    >processor".
    >
    >or...
    >
    >"Microsoft. We make technology easy for idiots."
    >
    >Have a nice day.
    >See if they have a sale on brains.
    >t.

    ZOMG! You managed to fire up a search engine!!!1!!!

    Of course, everything that's posted on the interweb MUST be right!!!1!

    I can do it too - look:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT

    "Some believe this to be the result of a trademark dispute between
    Microsoft and Nortel Networks as on the bottom of the Windows NT 4.0
    product boxes is a notice explaining that 'NT' is a trademark of
    Northern Telecom."

    or

    http://www.answers.com/topic/microsoft-windows-nt

    "... a 1998 question-and-answer session with Bill Gates, reveal that
    the letters were expanded to "New Technology" for marketing purposes.
    (Ahh, 'marketing purposes' - you can always trust those marketeers!)
    (and again)
    a trademark dispute between Microsoft and Nortel as on the bottom of
    the Windows NT 4.0 product boxes is a notice explaining that "NT" is a
    trademark of Northern Telecom."

    etc., etc.

    Well I never! It was on the sides of the boxes - case fucking closed.

    You google-bashing goips think you can put your tiny fucking brains on
    sabbatical & let search engines do your thinking for you. Meh.

    Thanks for playing, though.
    ___ _
    / __\ _ _ _ __ | |_
    / / | | | || '_ \ | __|
    / /___ | |_| || | | || |_
    \____/ \__,_||_| |_| \__|

    ___ _ _ _
    / __\ _ _ | |__ | |__ | | ___
    /__\//| | | || '_ \ | '_ \ | | / _ \
    / \/ \| |_| || |_) || |_) || || __/
    \_____/ \__,_||_.__/ |_.__/ |_| \___|

    cuntbubble, Sep 6, 2006
  11. sammy

    thanatoid Guest

    cuntbubble <> wrote in

    > thanatoid <> jizzed:

    >>Windows Northern Telecom. Sure.
    >>Does you nick stand for the stuff leaking from your ears?

    >>From: Bill Barrett <>
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >>Excuse me if I'm naive' and everyone knew this, but - as
    >>you know - Dave Cutler headed the Windows NT development
    >>team, after he had headed the VMS dev team at DEC, and....
    >>
    >> V M S
    >> W N T
    >>
    >> I guess it was the next OS++ in alphabetical order.
    >>
    >> Bill Barrett
    >>

    >>One of the other neat aspects of NT is its native file
    >>system called (NTFS - New Technology File System). It was
    >>designed to replace the ancient FAT (File Allocation
    >>Table). (...)

    >>Since no normal customer could possibly understand the REAL
    >>reason for the NT name (assuming the info above is true),
    >>Microsoft decided on New Technology as the standard answer,
    >>just like they previously decided on the word Word for
    >>their "word processor".

    <SNIP>

    > ZOMG! You managed to fire up a search engine!!!1!!!

    Apparently, so did you. Unfortunately, information is NOT
    enough. The ability to logically and rationally PROCESS it is
    also a requirement, cuntbubble.

    > Of course, everything that's posted on the interweb MUST be
    > right!!!1!

    That's interNET, cuntbrain.

    > I can do it too - look:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT
    > "Some believe this to be the result of a trademark dispute
    > between Microsoft and Nortel Networks as on the bottom of
    > the Windows NT 4.0 product boxes is a notice explaining
    > that 'NT' is a trademark of Northern Telecom."

    First of all, you MAY have heard of the phrase "out of context".
    If you are going to quote something starting with "Some believe
    this...", many would also argue that including the previous
    paragraph, hopefully explaining what "this" is, might be a good
    idea.

    Were you able to follow that, cuntleak?

    Anyway, regardless of what "this" is, I don't see the paragraph
    as stating that Microsoft intended NT to stand for Northern
    Telecom, just that Northern Telecom didn't like somebody using
    "NT" which makes a LOT more sense than no one objecting to MS's
    use of Windows, Word, Office etc. WHAT MS intended NT to stand
    for is NOWHERE in there.

    Were you able to follow that, cuntfart?

    > http://www.answers.com/topic/microsoft-windows-nt
    >
    > "... a 1998 question-and-answer session with Bill Gates,
    > reveal that the letters were expanded to "New Technology"
    > for marketing purposes. (Ahh, 'marketing purposes' - you
    > can always trust those marketeers!) ...

    (Marketers or musketeers, cuntgreytissue?)

    That's what I said above in slightly different words.
    Apparently your reading comprehension is at about the same level
    as you logic skills.

    > a trademark dispute between Microsoft and Nortel as on the
    > bottom of the Windows NT 4.0 product boxes is a notice
    > explaining that "NT" is a trademark of Northern Telecom."

    See "out of context" remark above.

    Also, you already mentioned this. Don't waste more space than
    your ugly carcass and tiny brain are already doing.

    They had to put it there for a while until the dispute was
    settled. That does not make Windows NT stand for Windows
    Northern Telecom, it means the TWO LETTERS "NT" are trademarks
    of Northern Telecom.

    Were you able to follow that, cuntflap?
    r replying

    thanatoid, Sep 6, 2006