    open IE than select favorite tab and than click on any of the link I want to
    go to.
    Can I repair WinXP or do something to fix this problem? How?

    alexandrew, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Hello alexandrew,

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, at 10:07:37 [GMT -0400] (which was 15:07 in my
    TimeZone) you wrote:

    > I deleted a file that I thought is virus or useless. Now I can't play game
    > on Yahoo or when I click on any of my favorite, nothing happens , I have to
    > open IE than select favorite tab and than click on any of the link I want to
    > go to.
    > Can I repair WinXP or do something to fix this problem? How?

    What file did you delete?

    --
    Best regards,
    Michael

    http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
    PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

    Hey, you! This is a morgue, not an amusement park!

    Michael Thompson, Sep 27, 2003

  3. alexandrew

    RickMerrill Guest

    alexandrew wrote:

    > I deleted a file that I thought is virus or useless. Now I can't play game
    > on Yahoo or when I click on any of my favorite, nothing happens , I have to
    > open IE than select favorite tab and than click on any of the link I want to
    > go to.
    > Can I repair WinXP or do something to fix this problem? How?

    It's not bad enough to have Real viruses, but you have fallen
    victim to a Hoax and deleted the java manager (something
    like that).

    RickMerrill, Sep 27, 2003
  4. alexandrew

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:59:16 GMT, RickMerrill wrote:

    >alexandrew wrote:
    >
    >> I deleted a file that I thought is virus or useless. Now I can't play game
    >> on Yahoo or when I click on any of my favorite, nothing happens , I have to
    >> open IE than select favorite tab and than click on any of the link I want to
    >> go to.
    >> Can I repair WinXP or do something to fix this problem? How?
    >>

    >It's not bad enough to have Real viruses, but you have fallen
    >victim to a Hoax and deleted the java manager (something

    The java debug manager. Not that it's used much, except with J++ v1.1
    for development.

    >like that).

    You mean this one
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

    Me

    why?, Sep 27, 2003
  5. alexandrew

    Unknown Guest

    Click start---run and type in SFC /scannow. This will check windows
    files for what they should be. What file did you delete?

    Unknown, Sep 29, 2003