    reinstall. It froze when it said setup is starting windows. Any help
    would be highly helpful.

    Djoker
    Djoker, May 10, 2004

  2. Djoker

    Iceman Guest

    "Djoker" wrote in message news:...
    > I have win xp pro and i turned it on and it won't boot. Then i tried
    > to boot in safe mode. It loaded all the files till it got to mup.sys
    > then froze. Last good config dosn't boot ether just freezes. Then i
    > figured i would just reinstall but when i put the win xp cd in to
    > reinstall. It froze when it said setup is starting windows. Any help
    > would be highly helpful.

    Usually this is caused by a hardware problem. See
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1053464280 and
    http://www.earthv.com/tips_detail.asp?TipID=63 for example.
    Iceman, May 10, 2004

  3. Djoker

    Djoker Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 00:03:55 -0000, "Iceman" <>
    wrote:

    >"Djoker" wrote in message news:...
    >> I have win xp pro and i turned it on and it won't boot. Then i tried
    >> to boot in safe mode. It loaded all the files till it got to mup.sys
    >> then froze. Last good config dosn't boot ether just freezes. Then i
    >> figured i would just reinstall but when i put the win xp cd in to
    >> reinstall. It froze when it said setup is starting windows. Any help
    >> would be highly helpful.

    >Usually this is caused by a hardware problem. See
    >http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1053464280 and
    >http://www.earthv.com/tips_detail.asp?TipID=63 for example.

    Thanks Iceman!

    It was the firewire card I use to edit video from the camcorder.
    Pulled it out and all booted okay. Put in a new card, no problems so
    far.

    Djoker
    Djoker, May 10, 2004