    background. The Taskbar manager doesn't have anything for this useless
    section, so how do I get rid of it. It won't shrink down to less than a
    couple of inches long. What do i do?

    Cuzman, Aug 27, 2003

  2. "Cuzman" <> wrote in message
    news:bii4bs$9d6v4$-berlin.de...
    > I've got a section of Windows XP taskbar that is annoying me. It doesn't
    > seem to serve any purpose, and I need to get rid of it. From left to

    right
    > I have the Start button, the Quick launch section, the useless section,

    the
    > programs section and then the section for programs running in the
    > background. The Taskbar manager doesn't have anything for this useless
    > section, so how do I get rid of it. It won't shrink down to less than a
    > couple of inches long. What do i do?

    If by Task Bar Manager, you mean the Task Manager option when you
    right-click the Taskbar... well.. it has nothing to do with the Taskbar..

    Try right-clicking your Taskbar, click on TOolbars at the top and see what's
    all checked in there. If there is anything you don't want, then uncheck it.

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 27, 2003