    Also, how, other than going into the application itself, can I delete
    icons from the tray?

    TIA
    Moe Z. Laun, May 22, 2004

  2. Moe Z. Laun

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Moe Z. Laun" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > I sent this earlier, but realized I had not worded it properly. I
    > apologize for any confusion/and waste of band-width.
    >
    > Running Win XP Pro.
    > The icons on my system tray are no longer hidden. I have made no
    > changes, not added or deleted any programs. Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Also, how, other than going into the application itself, can I delete
    > icons from the tray?
    >
    > TIA

    Oh, yeah, it was worded okay. Just no one had an answer for ya ;o)

    If you didn't change it in the taskbar properties, then I wouldn't have any
    idea. But check just to be sure: right-click on the taskbar, click on
    properties, then see if the checkmark is still in front of "Hide inactive
    icons". If not, check it. If it is already checked, maybe go through the
    customize list and see what that looks like.

    And by the way, that's also the answer to your second question. If you don't
    have the option (in the program the icon belongs to) to turn off the icon in
    the system tray, you can manually hide it from the customize list mentioned
    above.
    Toolman Tim, May 23, 2004