    How can I stop Win from doing it?

    Thanks in advance

    SNTP

    SNTP, Apr 7, 2005

  2. SNTP

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "SNTP" <> wrote in message news:42558599$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use. How
    > can I stop Win from doing it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > SNTP

    open up the application and deselect options to startup on boot...
    remove the app from startup folder
    edit your registry and pay someone to fix it.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=remove startup programs XP&btnG=Google Search

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Apr 7, 2005

  3. SNTP

    MrGrumpy Guest

    See if there is an option within the app to stop loading at startup.
    or msconfig.exe

    "SNTP" <> wrote in message news:42558599$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
    > How can I stop Win from doing it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > SNTP

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----

    MrGrumpy, Apr 7, 2005
  4. SNTP

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:08:30 -0400, SNTP <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
    >How can I stop Win from doing it?

    Click on Start / Run and type msconfig then click on OK. Then click on
    the Startup tab and clear anything you don't want loading.

    cluedweasel, Apr 7, 2005
  5. SNTP

    SNTP Guest

    SNTP wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
    > How can I stop Win from doing it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > SNTP

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups

    Thanks a lot everybody for the help. It worked.
    In the process discovered very good Registry cleaning program - RegVac.
    It cleaned over 1000 lines out of Registry and the computer is still
    working. [BG]

    SNTP

    SNTP, Apr 7, 2005