Win XP Sp1 CD ROM and DVD Rom Not Recognizing Newly inserted discs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hunter, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Windows XP will not recognize newly instered discs that I insert in my
    DVD and CD Rom. XP believes that any disc inserted is the same disc
    that was in the drive when the machine was last booted up.

    The only I can get my drives to recognize new discs is to eject the
    discs, then attempt to open the contents of the CDRW and DVD ROM in
    Windows Explorer, then insert a new disc.

    I tried to update the ASPI drivers and no luck.

    There has to be a way to have my CDRW and DVDROMs recognize new discs
    in the traditional way of reading new discs on insetion.

    My DVD Rom is a Pioneer DVD-116R
    and CDRW Rom is CRX160E

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Hunter, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Hunter

    °Mike° Guest

    It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
    Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
    My Computer and press F5.

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:51:42 GMT, in
    <>
    Hunter scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:58:50 +0100, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
    >Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
    >My Computer and press F5.

    Tried that and no luck

    I do remember installing something called Poffer-Coufin with Blind
    Write a while back, Poufin-Coufin caused a few problems with my
    DVD/CD-Rom's ability to read discs, so I re-installed the ASPI drivers
    for XP courtesy of Adaptec. Didn't fix the problem I had with my
    CD/DVD Drives recognizing new discs.

    Hunter, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Hunter

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:24:32 GMT, in
    <>
    Hunter scrawled:

    >On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:58:50 +0100, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
    >>Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
    >>My Computer and press F5.
    >>

    >Tried that and no luck
    >
    >I do remember installing something called Poffer-Coufin with Blind
    >Write a while back, Poufin-Coufin caused a few problems with my
    >DVD/CD-Rom's ability to read discs, so I re-installed the ASPI drivers
    >for XP courtesy of Adaptec. Didn't fix the problem I had with my
    >CD/DVD Drives recognizing new discs.

    Do you have a system restore available, prior to the install
    of Poufin-Coufin? (Whatever that is!)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003