    I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
    thanks for your help, hj
    ______________________

    hugh jass, Nov 4, 2003

  2. hugh jass

    Harrison Guest

    Sentinel.dll is a software protection file. It is most likely a part
    of a recently installed shareware application. Searching your system
    for the file may yield further results.

    Harrison, Nov 4, 2003

  3. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Thanks Harrison,
    I have installed some shareware recently...
    So, if I find it in a certain program directory, can I assume that the
    installation of that application is unstable and remove it?
    cheers, hj

    --
    ______________________
    :
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
    : >Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and
    everything
    : >comes up ok.
    : >windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by
    'sentinel
    : >DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
    : > I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want
    this
    : >to happen again or the drive to fail...
    : >Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
    : >I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
    : >thanks for your help, hj
    : >______________________
    : >please remove the obvious from my email...
    : >
    :

    hugh jass, Nov 4, 2003
  4. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Did a search on both of my drives for 'sentinel.dll' and came up with
    nothing.
    Any suggestions?
    thnx, hj

    --
    ______________________
    "hugh jass" <> wrote in message
    : Thanks Harrison,
    : I have installed some shareware recently...
    : So, if I find it in a certain program directory, can I assume that the
    : installation of that application is unstable and remove it?
    : cheers, hj
    :
    : --
    : ______________________
    : please remove the obvious from my email...
    : "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : : Sentinel.dll is a software protection file. It is most likely a part
    : : of a recently installed shareware application. Searching your system
    : : for the file may yield further results.
    : :
    : : On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:20:05 -0500, "hugh jass"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : >Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
    : : >Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and
    : everything
    : : >comes up ok.
    : : >windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by
    : 'sentinel
    : : >DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
    : : > I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want
    : this
    : : >to happen again or the drive to fail...
    : : >Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
    : : >I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
    : : >thanks for your help, hj
    : : >______________________
    : : >please remove the obvious from my email...
    : : >
    : :
    :
    :