    there a cure for this that doesn't require reinstalling Windows? What files
    might I need to get the search working again, where would I get them, and
    how would I install them?

    Samuel Mullen, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Samuel Mullen

    Miggsee Guest

    Did you use an older version of Easy Cleaner?

    "Samuel Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > My Windows XP "search for files or folders" off of the start menu no

    longer
    > works, and tells me I have a file missing that makes it work. This

    probably
    > happened when I cleaned some files using a disk cleaning program. When I
    > run the search utility, It tells me that I have to reinstall Windows XP.

    Is

    Miggsee, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Samuel Mullen

    °Mike° Guest

    Error Message: "A File That Is Required to Run Search Companion
    Cannot Be Found"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319949

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:44:17 GMT, in
    <5bPSb.39614$>
    Samuel Mullen scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Samuel Mullen

    Patrick Guest

    Samuel Mullen wrote:
    > My Windows XP "search for files or folders" off of the start menu no
    > longer works, and tells me I have a file missing that makes it work.
    > This probably happened when I cleaned some files using a disk
    > cleaning program. When I run the search utility, It tells me that I
    > have to reinstall Windows XP. Is there a cure for this that doesn't
    > require reinstalling Windows? What files might I need to get the
    > search working again, where would I get them, and how would I install
    > them?

    Second item here;

    Patrick, Jan 31, 2004