    80gig wd
    system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    now it just keeps retarting over and over again???
    Joe_Z, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Joe_Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:02:10 +0000, Joe_Z wrote:

    > I cleaned or ran a file/trash cleaner and on reboot all the computer does is
    > reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy??? no
    > "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8 and
    > get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???
    > please, many tanks...Joe
    >
    > win xp
    > 1 gig ram
    > 80gig wd
    > system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    > now it just keeps retarting over and over again???

    Boot the puter with your Win XP cd. Run a repair install.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Joe_Z

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:02:10 +0000, Joe_Z wrote:
    >
    >> I cleaned or ran a file/trash cleaner and on reboot all the computer does
    >> is
    >> reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy???
    >> no
    >> "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8
    >> and
    >> get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???
    >> please, many tanks...Joe
    >>
    >> win xp
    >> 1 gig ram
    >> 80gig wd
    >> system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    >> now it just keeps retarting over and over again???

    > Boot the puter with your Win XP cd. Run a repair install.

    NOT YET!

    A repair install requires the user to reinstall the MS patches and updates
    all over again as well. I consider a repair install to be nearly a last
    resort.
    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Joe_Z

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Joe_Z" <> wrote in message
    >I cleaned or ran a file/trash cleaner and on reboot all the computer does
    >is reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy???
    >no "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8
    >and get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???
    >please, many tanks...Joe
    >
    > win xp
    > 1 gig ram
    > 80gig wd
    > system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    > now it just keeps retarting over and over again???

    Did you try a system restore when you boot in safe mode?

    And I'd suggest booting into safe mode, and turn off the "Automatically
    restart" crap which is Windows default. Then when you reboot, you may get a
    BSOD to help with diagnosis, and access to the event logs, etc.

    Automatically restart is turned off by right-clicking "My Computer", select
    "Properties", click on the Advanced tab, then Startup and Recovery settings
    button. About 2/3 down is three check boxes - the bottom is "Automatically
    restart". Remove the checkmark. Reboot.
    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Joe_Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:31:32 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:02:10 +0000, Joe_Z wrote:
    >>
    >>> I cleaned or ran a file/trash cleaner and on reboot all the computer does
    >>> is
    >>> reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy???
    >>> no
    >>> "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8
    >>> and
    >>> get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???
    >>> please, many tanks...Joe
    >>>
    >>> win xp
    >>> 1 gig ram
    >>> 80gig wd
    >>> system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    >>> now it just keeps retarting over and over again???

    >> Boot the puter with your Win XP cd. Run a repair install.
    >>

    > NOT YET!
    >
    > A repair install requires the user to reinstall the MS patches and updates
    > all over again as well. I consider a repair install to be nearly a last
    > resort.

    Not much else the OP can do other than that mate. Re-read the following:

    >>> reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy???
    >>> no
    >>> "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8
    >>> and
    >>> get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???

    If what s/he says is correct, even a repair install looks out of the
    question for the moment.

    Aardvark, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Joe_Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:35:54 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Joe_Z" <> wrote in message
    >>I cleaned or ran a file/trash cleaner and on reboot all the computer does
    >>is reboot over and over again? no safe mode, no boot from disk or floopy???
    >>no "last known good config? no noting but restart again and again, I can F8
    >>and get into win config mode but nothing there works? anyone got an idea???
    >>please, many tanks...Joe
    >>
    >> win xp
    >> 1 gig ram
    >> 80gig wd
    >> system ran prettyy much fine until I ran the cleaner???
    >> now it just keeps retarting over and over again???

    > Did you try a system restore when you boot in safe mode?

    The OP says "NO SAFE MODE".

    > And I'd suggest booting into safe mode,

    The OP says "NO SAFE MODE".

    > Automatically restart is turned off by right-clicking "My Computer",
    > select "Properties", click on the Advanced tab, then Startup and
    > Recovery settings button. About 2/3 down is three check boxes - the
    > bottom is "Automatically restart". Remove the checkmark. Reboot.

    Did I mention 'The OP says "NO SAFE MODE".' :)

    Aardvark, Apr 12, 2007
  7. Joe_Z

    Joe_Evil Guest

    Sorry for not getting right back but I guess anyone can understand via my
    post and I had to barrow a win xp disk to fix with, yup I set the cleaner
    application on super dupper clean and it cleaned all right, eh, thanks
    everyone, I got it back and learned a hard leason...Joe

    Joe_Evil, Apr 14, 2007
  8. Joe_Z

    Joe_Evil Guest

    Thanks I wound up doing a non destructive reinstall and fixed it, I also
    learned sommething about file cleaners :) any thanks again...Joe

    Joe_Evil, Apr 14, 2007
  9. Joe_Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:59:09 +0000, Joe_Evil wrote:

    > Sorry for not getting right back but I guess anyone can understand via my
    > post and I had to barrow a win xp disk to fix with, yup I set the cleaner
    > application on super dupper clean and it cleaned all right, eh, thanks
    > everyone, I got it back and learned a hard leason...Joe

    "set the cleaner on super dupper clean"? WTF does that mean?
    Did you run CHKDSK or what?

    Aardvark, Apr 14, 2007
  10. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:59:09 +0000, Joe_Evil wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry for not getting right back but I guess anyone can understand via my
    >> post and I had to barrow a win xp disk to fix with, yup I set the cleaner

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> application on super dupper clean and it cleaned all right, eh, thanks
    >> everyone, I got it back and learned a hard leason...Joe

    > "set the cleaner on super dupper clean"? WTF does that mean?
    > Did you run CHKDSK or what?

    Hell, I'm still picturing him running about with his Win XP disk in a
    barrow...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups