    download.

    PS mobile pc mag has an introductory offer of 1 year subsc. for 12$ only in
    the US, too good to pass up. < my 2¢>
    Steven Moore, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Yopu would ber most unwise, not say courting disaster if you use a
    program to clean the Registry that is not spoecifically designed for
    WINXP.

    I don't know what you mean by your registry is 'dirty', please
    explain. WINXP registry does not require 'cleaning' and I suggest you
    leave it strictly alone unless you are very confident you know what
    you are doing. Running a registry cleaning program will almost
    certainly not improve or affect in any way the performance of your
    machine.

    Edward W. Thompson, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Steven Moore

    JamesBenson Guest

    How can you say the registry does not need cleaning?
    Over time if you install/uninstall a lot of programs then it certainly does
    become dirty if you wanna call it that, it can also affect performance, if
    you feel you must clean it then system mechanic is rather good www.iolo.com
    or registry mechanic, be sure to make backups first though, edward is right
    and it is not recommended unless you know what to remove, however if you
    have a hard drive with not much space then your registry can take up a lot
    of space. As for a program written years ago then you are stupid thinking it
    will do the
    job on XP when it was designed for win 98

    JamesBenson, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Steven Moore

    Jersey Guest

    JamesBenson <> wrote:

    > How can you say the registry does not need cleaning?
    > Over time if you install/uninstall a lot of programs then it
    > certainly does become dirty if you wanna call it that, it can also
    > affect performance, if you feel you must clean it then system
    > mechanic is rather good www.iolo.com or registry mechanic, be sure to
    > make backups first though,

    Or you could try the original "Reg Cleaner" by Jouni Vuorio. I keep a copy
    of it on my site; http://www.crampy.com/regclean.htm It's version 4.2 which
    (as far as I know) is the last totally free version in existance. "Reg
    Cleaner" by default, automatically makes a back-up before it does anything
    at all, and I've even put up a small beginner's tutorial along with a
    screen-shot, on the page. The last copyright date on it is 2001, but it's
    pretty much fool-proof and seems to work flawlessly on anything from Win95,
    all the way up to Windows XP-home. Though admittedly, I've never
    *personally* tried it on XP-pro, ME or 2000. So if you're running one of
    those? Use it at your own risk. :)

    Should you decide to download it from my site, I assure you it's clean. But
    being that it's an executable, and you don't know me from the
    man-in-the-moon, you should scan it before running it anyway. Just as you
    should scan *anything* you download from unknown sources.

    > edward is right and it is not recommended
    > unless you know what to remove, however if you have a hard drive with
    > not much space then your registry can take up a lot of space. As for
    > a program written years ago then you are stupid thinking it will do
    > the job on XP when it was designed for win 98

    I guess I'm stupid then. :)

    Regardless. Edward was right in another even (IMO) more important way.
    That is, I think it would have been nice to know what the OP meant by
    stating his registry had become "dirty". If he was referring to something
    more nefarious than simply a bunch of useless entries brought about by
    uninstalling a lot of programs ... Then "Hijack This" would be a more
    up-to-date useful, free tool.

    Jersey, Jul 30, 2004
  5. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.

    See:

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:52:01 GMT, in
    <5osOc.2288$>
    Steven Moore scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  6. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    I was providing an alternative, so what's your point?

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:39:32 GMT, in
    <8myOc.250$>
    JB scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  7. Steven Moore

    Me Guest

    The point is that you respond to messages that have already been answered
    just to see your name in print.
    Apparently, you feel your reply is better even if it's the same as the ones
    already posted.

    Me, Jul 30, 2004
  8. Steven Moore

    JB Guest

    JB, Jul 30, 2004
  9. Steven Moore

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rick Merrill, Jul 30, 2004
  10. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you a parrot?

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:52:07 -0400, in
    <>
    Me scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  11. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  12. Steven Moore

    Rick Merrill Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:46:52 GMT, in
    > <0tyOc.60293$eM2.5861@attbi_s51>
    > Rick Merrill scrawled:
    >

    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>

    >>>Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
    >>>
    >>>See:
    >>>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    >>BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
    >>REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
    >>an undo. - RM

    > Then you are taking a HUGE risk -- get on with it.

    It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
    he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM
    Rick Merrill, Jul 30, 2004
  13. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:01:09 GMT, in
    <lGyOc.199131$JR4.131843@attbi_s54>
    Rick Merrill scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:46:52 GMT, in
    >> <0tyOc.60293$eM2.5861@attbi_s51>
    >> Rick Merrill scrawled:

    >>>BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
    >>>REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
    >>>an undo. - RM

    >> Then you are taking a HUGE risk -- get on with it.
    >>

    >It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
    >he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM

    When you have something intelligent to say, come back, until
    then, I suggest you cease making a fool of yourself.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  14. Steven Moore

    Rick Merrill Guest

    I do not reply to trolls.
    Rick Merrill, Jul 30, 2004
  15. Steven Moore

    °Mike° Guest

    <Quoted text restored>

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:50:39 GMT, in
    <3hAOc.60617$eM2.23446@attbi_s51>
    Rick Merrill scrawled:

    >>On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:01:09 GMT, in
    >> <lGyOc.199131$JR4.131843@attbi_s54>
    >> Rick Merrill scrawled:

    >>>It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
    >>>he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM

    >>When you have something intelligent to say, come back, until
    >>then, I suggest you cease making a fool of yourself.

    >I do not reply to trolls.

    I'm glad to hear it.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  16. Steven Moore

    no way Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
    >>
    >> See:

    > BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
    > REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
    > an undo. - RM

    When cleaning registries on your personal computers tread lightly.
    cleaning registries can be like stepping into an unmanned mine field in
    98 95 and esp. xp systems.

    I def don't recommend manual searches for users I have tried the mech
    program it is good but be carefully it has been my experience that
    sometime some of those programs can remove usefully programs if the user
    is new to reg cleanings.

    In some cases you may messup your pc so bad you need to re-format the
    thing over again from scratch.
    no way, Aug 1, 2004
  17. Steven Moore

    Keep Alive

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1

    yabba babba dun treat shia maria upto upto upto bashment
    Keep Alive, Feb 15, 2009