    messages and then sits on a blue screeen not a bsod though but it sits on
    this screen for 30 secs or more any ideas

    cheers mucko :)

    mucko, Jan 17, 2004

  2. mucko

    Win Guest

    How fast is you machine and how much mem
    A P3 with 256 ram could take a while
    MS advertised it at being the fastest OS to load. They never mention it
    takes a while to close

    You could try shutting down some services
    see if that speeds it up
    or
    look in faultlog (EVENT VIEWER) that may lead you to diagnose problems on
    startup that are causeing longer shutdowns

    hope this all helps or reply back

    Win, Jan 17, 2004

  3. mucko

    Spider Guest

    > One more Question
    >
    > When I shut down winxp it takes for ever to shut down it gives the usual
    > messages and then sits on a blue screeen not a bsod though but it sits on
    > this screen for 30 secs or more any ideas
    >
    > cheers mucko :)

    Reduce the number of items in your startup folder and run keys in the registry. Look in msconfig (start / run / type msconfig) to see how many things you load. The more you load at startup, the more your system has to close out of during the shutdown.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 17, 2004
  4. mucko

    Ron Martell Guest

    "mucko" <> wrote:

    >One more Question
    >
    >When I shut down winxp it takes for ever to shut down it gives the usual
    >messages and then sits on a blue screeen not a bsod though but it sits on
    >this screen for 30 secs or more any ideas
    >
    >cheers mucko :)

    See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for Windows XP shutdown problems at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --