    win98 to clear the index.dat files, but not sure if it works the same in XP?
    thoughts?
    thanks -XP newbie
    dreaded, Jul 20, 2004

  2. dreaded

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "dreaded" <> wrote in
    news:cdi2p5$lrf$:

    > Does anyone know if win XP uses batch files like '98? I had made one
    > in win98 to clear the index.dat files, but not sure if it works the
    > same in XP? thoughts?
    > thanks -XP newbie

    The execution of a .BAT file is the same on any MS O/S. Now whether or
    not the commands that you used for Win 98 is going to work on a NT based
    O/S is another story. You'll have to use the XP Help and see if the
    command exists or there is an equivalent on the XP O/S.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 20, 2004

  3. dreaded

    Michael-NC Guest