Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short List

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.

    3dMark 2001SE
    AAA Logo 1.20
    Ad-Aware 1.06r1
    Americas Army 2.6.0
    AVG Anti-Virus 7.1.405 (firewall seems buggy under x64)
    AVS Audio Tools 4.1.5.205 (Dont install the WMA addon when prompted for any
    of the AVS products)
    AVS Disc Creator 2.1.5.100
    AVS DVD Player 2.1.3.203
    AVS Video Tools 5.3.1.440
    Batch File Renamer 2.5.1
    Battlefield 2 1.3
    CCleaner 1.32.345
    CDisplay 1.8.1.0 (Comic Book Reader)
    Daemon Tools 4.03HE (Directly supports x64)
    Driver Cleaner Pro 1.2 Build 27 (Vendor says supporst x64, gives error but
    seems to work)
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
    DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15
    Everest Ultimate Editon 3.0.1.652
    Image Burn 2.0.0.0
    ImageTool Burn 1.2.1
    Movie Collector Pro 4.10 build 5
    Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.6
    Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 (20060719)
    MP3 Splitter & Joiner 3.0
    MP3tag v2.36a
    NewsReactor
    PowerISO 3.2
    RealPlayer Enterprise 6.0.11.1801
    SpeedFan 4.28
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4
    Spyware Blaster 3.5.1
    TeamSpeak 2 2.0.32.60
    Titan Quest 1.08
    TribalWeb.Net 2.03
    uTorrent 1.6
    Ventrilo 2.3.2 Beta 3
    VLC Media Player 0.8.5
    WinAMP 5.24
    WinNC.Net
    WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

    --
    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Sep 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Martijn Saly Guest

    Re: Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal ShortList

    DeathNACan wrote:
    > This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.
    >

    > 3dMark 2001SE
    > AAA Logo 1.20
    > WinNC.Net
    > WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

    That's a list of (mostly) 32-bit software. The trick is to find x64
    software, and more importantly x64 drivers.

    But don't list it here, planetamd64.com is an excellent resource. Also for
    Intel users ;)

    --
    Thanks,

    Martijn Saly

    Martijn Saly, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Re: Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short L

    Granted that most apps are indeed x86 based; however, I thought that the OS
    community could help itself by sharing here at the OS forum site this kind of
    information. Since this is a Microsoft Forum devoted to Windows XP Pro x64
    it seemed to me the most appropiate place for this kind of information to be.
    It seems to me that we as a community should be sharing this information in
    the first place we should be looking for it.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Sep 3, 2006
  4. Re: Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short L

    I think the point is that the posting soon scrolls off the bottom of the
    screen. An ng is not suitable for keeping persistent lists. That is why
    PlanetAMD works better.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 3, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short L

    There are several sites devoted to this information. This newsgroup is not
    the place.

    John Barnes, Sep 3, 2006