    I thought that an x64 OS would require a 64 bit CPU!

    TIA,

    Bill

    bill, Feb 27, 2006

  2. A Pentium 4 *with* EM64T *is* a 64 bit CPU also. So yours has EM64T.

    Cheers !

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Feb 27, 2006

  3. bill

    bill Guest

    Excellent reply!. Is there a utility that correctly identifies 64-bit CPU
    models?

    Bill

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    bill, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Yes, there are many. But this one is very simple yet very good : CPU-Z.

    You can download it here :
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php (current version is 1.32)

    If you see EM64T somewhere, you're ok :)

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Feb 27, 2006
  5. bill

    M. Murcek Guest

    It's not an app, but try out the CPU Decoder Ring site to see which chips
    have what features...

    http://techreport.com/cpu/

    M. Murcek, Feb 27, 2006
  6. See my blog on how to tell if your CPU is x64 capable...
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2006/01/19/81462.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64