    boot. I had to do a system restore to get in.

    It's the Service Pack that's causing this, any comments, info, etc.

    In other words, Please, Please help if you can.
    Pop Aye, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Pop Aye

    GHalleck Guest

    Pop Aye wrote:

    > I had a hard drive go out, put in a new one, reloaded my programs.
    > Everything was going fine until I loaded Service Pak2, now it boot
    > thru POST, into the "Black: XP screen and hangs. I cannot get a clean
    > boot. I had to do a system restore to get in.
    >
    > It's the Service Pack that's causing this, any comments, info, etc.
    >
    > In other words, Please, Please help if you can.

    AFAIK, the Windows XP Service Pack 2 cdrom is not self-booting
    whereas the Windows XP-SP2 installation cdrom is. Do not confuse
    the two. There should be an update.exe or setup.exe file in the
    SP2 cdrom that starts the SP2 update.
    GHalleck, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Pop Aye

    Pop Aye Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:48:32 -0700, GHalleck
    <> wrote:

    >Pop Aye wrote:
    >
    >> I had a hard drive go out, put in a new one, reloaded my programs.
    >> Everything was going fine until I loaded Service Pak2, now it boot
    >> thru POST, into the "Black: XP screen and hangs. I cannot get a clean
    >> boot. I had to do a system restore to get in.
    >>
    >> It's the Service Pack that's causing this, any comments, info, etc.
    >>
    >> In other words, Please, Please help if you can.

    >AFAIK, the Windows XP Service Pack 2 cdrom is not self-booting
    >whereas the Windows XP-SP2 installation cdrom is. Do not confuse
    >the two. There should be an update.exe or setup.exe file in the
    >SP2 cdrom that starts the SP2 update.

    This was an up-date downloaded from MickeySoft
    Pop Aye, Mar 28, 2007
  4. Pop Aye

    Ghostrider Guest

    Pop Aye wrote:

    > I had a hard drive go out, put in a new one, reloaded my programs.
    > Everything was going fine until I loaded Service Pak2, now it boot
    > thru POST, into the "Black: XP screen and hangs. I cannot get a clean
    > boot. I had to do a system restore to get in.
    >
    > It's the Service Pack that's causing this, any comments, info, etc.
    >
    > In other words, Please, Please help if you can.

    IIRC, before installing Service Pack 2 into Windows XP, the firewall
    must be turned off, especially if it is a third-party one such as
    ZoneAlarm. The reason for this is that the Windows XP Firewall is
    enabled by default, after it is installed via the SP2 update. You
    might want to start Windows XP in Safe Mode and verify that just one
    Firewall is enabled...just Microsoft's or the third-party one.
    Ghostrider, Mar 28, 2007