    not..

    thanks
    umesh

    =?Utf-8?B?dW1lc2g=?=, Jul 25, 2006

  2. It supports two processor sockets, each of which may use a multi-core
    processor.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2006

  3. There is currently no SP2 for Windows XP x64 Edition. Reportedly, one is in
    beta. In any case, Windows XP Professional, whether 32-bit or 64-bit,
    supports two processor sockets. If they're dual core, it still supports two
    sockets, so thus 4 processors.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dW1lc2g=?=

    Admiral Q Guest

    > There is currently no SP2 for Windows XP x64 Edition. Reportedly, one is
    > in beta. In any case, Windows XP Professional, whether 32-bit or 64-bit,
    > supports two processor sockets. If they're dual core, it still supports
    > two sockets, so thus 4 processors.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >

    > umesh wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> i wana know does win xp pro sp2 64 bit support multi processor technolgy
    >> or not..
    >>

    >> thanks
    >> umesh

    Unless they are dual-core with hyperthreading on, as the Xeon series are,
    then XP thinks there are 8.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

    Google is your Friend!
    http://www.google.com

    Admiral Q, Aug 1, 2006
  5. whatever. My point remains unchanged. It's sockets that count.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2006