    Homer Guest

    What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP Pro?
    Thanks for any replies.

    Homer, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    > Pro? Thanks for any replies.

    Google.

    Michael Thompson, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Homer

    Homer Guest

    "Michael Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    >> Pro? Thanks for any replies.

    > Google.

    Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    Homer, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Homer

    Lou Labetti Guest

    Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
    . PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed
    recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD
    K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

    . 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum
    supported; may limit performance and some features)

    . 1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*

    . Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor

    . CD-ROM or DVD drive

    . Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

    Lou Labetti, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    It is, but you have to try and help yourself first. The answer lies in
    Google, MS Site, Back of the box. Dont be lazy, just find it out.

    Michael Thompson, Nov 3, 2005
  6. Homer

    samuel Guest

    "Homer" <> wrote in

    > "Michael Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of
    >> wisdom in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    you'd found answer quicker by google or
    microsoft site

    samuel, Nov 3, 2005
  7. Homer

    > Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    > It is, but you have to try and help yourself first. The answer lies in
    > Google, MS Site, Back of the box. Dont be lazy, just find it out.

    Back of what box?

    If you don't want to answer, then don't answer!

    Why have a 24hour helpdesk if it is not for asking for help?

    Looking at the other posts on here, it seems as though your role in life is
    to gripe at others who ask questions!

    Get out a bit more and get some fresh air, maybe it will stop you being such
    a miserable prick!

    Homer, Nov 3, 2005
  8. Homer

    Andrew Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 13:51:52 GMT, "Homer" <> wrote:

    >"Michael Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    >> It is, but you have to try and help yourself first. The answer lies in
    >> Google, MS Site, Back of the box. Dont be lazy, just find it out.

    >Back of what box?
    >
    >If you don't want to answer, then don't answer!
    >
    >Why have a 24hour helpdesk if it is not for asking for help?
    >
    >Looking at the other posts on here, it seems as though your role in life is
    >to gripe at others who ask questions!
    >
    >Get out a bit more and get some fresh air, maybe it will stop you being such
    >a miserable prick!

    YEAH... fuckin crossword clue replying twat ...
    put up or shut up trollup.....spending yer pishy
    life telling others how to word their questions...
    "You don't wanna ask like that"
    "You wanna ask like ME"

    Bet your kids all call you **** at school !

    Andrew, Nov 3, 2005
  9. Homer

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Homer" wrote in message news:4Amaf.1367$

    >>> What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of
    >>> Win XP Pro? Thanks for any replies.

    >> Google.

    > Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    It is and what Michael's post is doing is helping you find out how to find
    information out for yourself rather than having it spoon-fed to you. For
    instance, if you'd actually done a Google search instead of Replying...

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windows xp pro requirements

    ....you'd have found exactly the information you wanted from the first link
    Google returned to you.

    Dave Lear, Nov 3, 2005
  10. Homer

    zxcvbob Guest

    Homer wrote:
    > "Michael Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Homer bashed at the keyboard and came up with this gem of wisdom in
    >>24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>>Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    >>>24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    >>It is, but you have to try and help yourself first. The answer lies in
    >>Google, MS Site, Back of the box. Dont be lazy, just find it out.

    > Back of what box?
    >
    > If you don't want to answer, then don't answer!
    >
    > Why have a 24hour helpdesk if it is not for asking for help?
    >
    > Looking at the other posts on here, it seems as though your role in life is
    > to gripe at others who ask questions!
    >
    > Get out a bit more and get some fresh air, maybe it will stop you being such
    > a miserable prick!

    Don't believe the back of the box.

    With 128MB of RAM, the system will *c r a w l* (I bought a system
    configured that way.) I don't think it will even boot with 64MB -- or
    maybe it will boot the OS but you won't be able to load even the
    smallest program or any drivers or a TCP/IP stack.

    Best regards,
    Bob

    zxcvbob, Nov 3, 2005
  11. Homer

    R B Smith Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message

    >>> Google.

    >> Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    > It is and what Michael's post is doing is helping you find out how to find
    > information out for yourself rather than having it spoon-fed to you.

    Dave, it sounds as though you are saying that this newsgroup is now defunct
    and people should google instead of asking questions on here? When did you
    and Michael decide this?
    In fact, who died and put you in charge? I'd be interested to know!

    R B Smith, Nov 3, 2005
  12. Homer

    Troll Baiter Guest

    R B Smith bashed at the keyboard and came up with this load of bollox in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Dave, it sounds as though you are saying that this newsgroup is now
    > defunct and people should google instead of asking questions on here? When
    > did you and Michael decide this?
    > In fact, who died and put you in charge? I'd be interested to know!

    Listen you retarded fuckwit, the info is out there, just had to look, would
    of taken you 12 seconds, load up browser, type and go.

    Instead you could not be arsed to do it, you posted here, and waited. what a
    waste of time.

    Troll Baiter, Nov 3, 2005
  13. Homer

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Homer" <> wrote in message

    > What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    > Pro?

    A desire to make your computer run slow.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 3, 2005
  14. Homer

    Dave Lear Guest

    "R B Smith" wrote in message news:5tqaf.3336$

    >> It is and what Michael's post is doing is helping you find out how
    >> to find information out for yourself rather than having it spoon-fed
    >> to you.

    > Dave, it sounds as though you are saying that this newsgroup is
    > now defunct and people should google instead of asking questions
    > on here? When did you and Michael decide this?
    > In fact, who died and put you in charge? I'd be interested to know!

    The ancient Chinese had a saying...

    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you
    feed him for a lifetime.

    It seems that they understood more about teaching thousands of years ago
    than you do today. This newsgroup isn't only here to provide answers to
    questions, it's also about teaching people how to find the answers out for
    themselves too. Why do you see me trying to teach someone how to help
    themselves as a bad thing?

    Dave Lear, Nov 3, 2005
  15. Homer

    Plato Guest

    Homer wrote:

    > >> What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    > >> Pro? Thanks for any replies.

    > > Google.

    > Sorry about that, for a minute there I thought this was
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk!

    Give a man a fish. Or teach a man to google.

    Plato, Nov 3, 2005
  16. Homer

    zxcvbob Guest

    Dave Lear wrote:
    > "R B Smith" wrote in message news:5tqaf.3336$
    >

    >>>It is and what Michael's post is doing is helping you find out how
    >>>to find information out for yourself rather than having it spoon-fed
    >>>to you.

    >>Dave, it sounds as though you are saying that this newsgroup is
    >>now defunct and people should google instead of asking questions
    >>on here? When did you and Michael decide this?
    >>In fact, who died and put you in charge? I'd be interested to know!

    > The ancient Chinese had a saying...
    >
    > Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you
    > feed him for a lifetime.
    >
    > It seems that they understood more about teaching thousands of years ago
    > than you do today. This newsgroup isn't only here to provide answers to
    > questions, it's also about teaching people how to find the answers out for
    > themselves too. Why do you see me trying to teach someone how to help
    > themselves as a bad thing?

    "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

    Best regards,
    Bob

    zxcvbob, Nov 4, 2005
  17. Homer

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:48:46 +0100, "Dan Evans" <> wrote:

    >"Homer" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    >> Pro?

    >A desire to make your computer run slow.

    A desire to have the easiest install of all Windows, and the most stable, which
    is not saying much.

    A Pentium with 64 megs RAM and a couple of gigs hard disk.

    >Dan

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Nov 4, 2005
  18. Homer

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:48:46 +0100, "Dan Evans"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Homer" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> What are the minimum system requirements for the installation of Win XP
    >>> Pro?

    >>A desire to make your computer run slow.

    > A desire to have the easiest install of all Windows, and the most stable,
    > which
    > is not saying much.

    It's ferociously easy to get kicked in the bollocks as well, but a bit of
    effort moving out of the way improves the general sense of well being you
    generally get afterwards.

    I found Win2k to be the easiest install, none of this "No, I don't want to
    activate or register" (hey the modem/network card isn't installed yet),
    activate now, the server is busy, wait a few minutes, the server is still
    busy, screw around with control panel to get the resource sucking fisher
    price interface replaced. Stuff like that.

    Installer graphics are nicer than before though.

    I'd disagree with "most stable" as well. I was (involuntarily) rebooting
    every 90 minutes to 2 hours with the last motherboard. It was on the
    approved hardware list as well.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 4, 2005