Win XP Pro problem

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Bay, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Bay

    Bay Guest

    Hi,

    Occassionally I don't see any icons or shortcuts on my desktop after logged
    on to my account in the morning when I get back to office. I will have to
    reboot it over again in order to have the OS to load properly. I didn't use
    romaing user profile. I am only using the local profile. Do you guys know
    what causing the problem and how to fix the problem?

    My next question is my co-worker's Dell PC is running so slow for some
    reasons. I bought 3 identical computers from Dell in June and one of the
    machines is having problem now. It runs slow on applications and somethings
    IE not even responding. She doesn't have a lot of applications opening at
    the same time. I scanned her hard drive and no virus was detected and she
    didn't have spywares installed in her computer. I told her to run a disk
    defratmentation. Do you guys know what goes wrong and how to fix this
    problem?

    Thanks

    Billy

    Bay, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Bay

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Bay" <> wrote in message news:<Chs6b.181619$>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Occassionally I don't see any icons or shortcuts on my desktop after logged
    > on to my account in the morning when I get back to office. I will have to
    > reboot it over again in order to have the OS to load properly. I didn't use
    > romaing user profile. I am only using the local profile. Do you guys know
    > what causing the problem and how to fix the problem?

    Do you work at Columbia Internet ?
    I assume your office has an IT department. Have you asked them to fix it ?

    > My next question is my co-worker's Dell PC is running so slow for some
    > reasons. I bought 3 identical computers from Dell in June and one of the
    > machines is having problem now. It runs slow on applications and somethings
    > IE not even responding. She doesn't have a lot of applications opening at
    > the same time. I scanned her hard drive and no virus was detected and she
    > didn't have spywares installed in her computer. I told her to run a disk
    > defratmentation. Do you guys know what goes wrong and how to fix this
    > problem?

    Are you using the latest virus definitions ?
    What did perfmon/TaskManager say when you ran them ?
    Does your office have an IT department ???

    Andy Foster, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Bay

    billyw Guest

    i do work for a company that has an IT department.
    but for some reason they'd prefer to wait an hour till i come in rather than
    phoning their IT dept.. (we are talking feet away).
    so not all IT depts are what they seem.. mind you i just recon they want me
    in because i'm cool

    billyw, Sep 7, 2003