    with a store-bought version? I've got one computer running Server 2003 Eval
    and would like to upgrade my leasure computer from 2000 Pro to XP Pro. But
    only if the eval can be upgraded to a full version in 6 months.

    Chris, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Chris

    T-Bone Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote
    > I bought the bundle package for the MCSA/MCSE Certifications that includes

    > 180-day eval of XP Pro. My question is, can this be upgraded to a full
    > retail version after the trial is over, or do I have to re-install XP Pro
    > with a store-bought version?

    I wouuld recommend a full re(format)/re(install) for any product. Even if
    you install the retail over the trial, it leaves little bits around that
    will come back to bite you in the a** later.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Chris

    M Guest

    Actually its only a 30 day trial
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875453
    It's a self paced course, but you only have 30 days!

    M, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Tom Miller, certified optimist, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Tom Miller, certified optimist" wrote:

    > I wonder if you can re-install it on a freshly reformated HD so you can
    > continue to practice with it?
    >
    > Tom
    > --
    > see: www.chatnfiles.com for old dos or other ancient computer files. for web
    > dev try: www.w3schools.com
    >

    > "M" wrote:
    >
    > > Actually its only a 30 day trial
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875453
    > > It's a self paced course, but you only have 30 days!

    I doubt you can re-install it seeing as how they make you activate it in 14
    days (unless a crack is available). And what do you mean its only 30 days?
    The documentation and install window both said 180-days??? Thats pretty
    blatent false advertising if true.

    Chris, Sep 7, 2005