Win XP Pro boot problem (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by STRAWMAN, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. STRAWMAN

    STRAWMAN Guest

    Thank you everyone for help.

    I disabled automatic reboot and everything works right. Am I missing
    something? My computer was OK for last six months, why I had to disable
    reboot?
    I did not get any BSD or any message. Computer rebooted from safe mode
    (where I disabled reboot) to normal mode and "TADAAA" everything works
    without problems.
    I scanned machine with NoAdware, no problems found.
    I used Protector Plus to scan for viruses, no problems found.
    I scanned my machine with Trojan Hunter, no problems found.

    My original message:
    When turned on first Win XP screen appears (Black screen with Windows XP
    logo and small horizontal bar "loading") and stops, by restarting boot all
    over.
    I am able to access "Safe Mode" and boot to Win XP Pro in.
    I tried to roll back few days to no avail.
    Anyone?
    ********
    Dustin Cook
    Cool. When you get to the screen that lets you select safe mode, does it
    offer you the ability to disable automatic reboot on system failure? If so,
    please do so, try to let the machine boot; it should produce a blue screen
    with white text. The white text will tell you whats wrong... :) Post that
    and we'll go from there.
    ********
    Gaius Baltar
    If not, in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel,System Properties, Advanced,
    Startup, Settings and disable Automatically reboot...
    STRAWMAN, Dec 1, 2006

  2. STRAWMAN

    Guest

    "STRAWMAN" <> wrote:

    >Thank you everyone for help.
    >
    >I disabled automatic reboot and everything works right. Am I missing
    >something? My computer was OK for last six months, why I had to disable
    >reboot?

    Start | Run <type in>
    drwtsn32
    <enter>

    The application errors will usually show what caused a BSOD.

    While your there, turn off your create dump file (.DMP), as one is
    created each time you crash and they can be huge.

    --
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148900
    http://www.sofakingwhat.org/images/pusey.jpg