win. xp pro 64bit trial, error: "

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by FLOBIE, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. FLOBIE

    FLOBIE Guest

    f3 to quit hi guys,i was advised to use my laptops potential and install the
    trial of windows xp pro.64 bit. i downloaded it put it on disc and loaded it
    on the laptop.it was doing great until it was time to load windows and it
    said: "cannot find harddrive" , hit f3 to quit. i tried it 3 times and ended
    up with the same thing. can you tell be whayts up and what i can do to remedy
    this.here are my spec's:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name NONE-A6A8FFCEDF
    System Manufacturer Gateway
    System Model NX570X
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1729 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1729 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 77.11, 3/19/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
    (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name NONE-A6A8FFCEDF\flobie
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.59 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 3.85 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

    thank you
    bill major-

    FLOBIE, Jan 14, 2008

  2. You need a SATA controller driver for that model. Gateway provides them for
    Vista x86, Vista x64, and XP x86 but does not list one for XP Pro x64.
    Unless you can obtain one from the manufacturer of the controller you may
    not be able to run XP Pro x64 on this machine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 14, 2008