    do after a few seconds of the opening screen of WIN XP it
    reboots.
    What is wrong and where can I find information about it?
    Leon Noel, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Leon Noel wrote:
    > What is wrong and where can I find information about it?

    From what you have described it could be anything from a corrupt system
    file to a faulty Hdd/ram/Hdd cable.

    You could boot with the Windows XP cd and try the repair option.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Leon Noel

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:33:08 +1300, Leon Noel <> wrote:

    >I've got a WIN XP machine on my bench that keeps rebooting. It
    >comes up with a message saying there was a problem with the last
    >time it was booted and gives me several options to choose from,
    >Safe Mode
    >Safe mode with NetWorking
    >Last Boot that worked or something like that and no matter what I
    >do after a few seconds of the opening screen of WIN XP it
    >reboots.
    >What is wrong and where can I find information about it?

    This may or may not work. Boot to the recovery console, and chkdsk /r. There may
    be poked sectors on the HD and XP is in a tizz at not being able to access some
    files.
    Invisible, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Leon Noel

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on
    Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:33:08 +1300, Leon Noel <> says...
    > I've got a WIN XP machine on my bench that keeps rebooting. It
    > comes up with a message saying there was a problem with the last
    > time it was booted and gives me several options to choose from,
    > Safe Mode
    > Safe mode with NetWorking
    > Last Boot that worked or something like that and no matter what I
    > do after a few seconds of the opening screen of WIN XP it
    > reboots.
    > What is wrong and where can I find information about it?

    look in the event logit will tell you what failed then you can look up
    the STOP code in Microsofts website to find out what the problem is
    Adder, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Leon Noel

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on
    Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:59:34 +1300, Invisible <> says...
    > On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:33:08 +1300, Leon Noel <> wrote:
    >
    > >I've got a WIN XP machine on my bench that keeps rebooting. It
    > >comes up with a message saying there was a problem with the last
    > >time it was booted and gives me several options to choose from,
    > >Safe Mode
    > >Safe mode with NetWorking
    > >Last Boot that worked or something like that and no matter what I
    > >do after a few seconds of the opening screen of WIN XP it
    > >reboots.
    > >What is wrong and where can I find information about it?

    > This may or may not work. Boot to the recovery console, and chkdsk /r. There may
    > be poked sectors on the HD and XP is in a tizz at not being able to access some
    > files.

    by which, he means boot off the install cd and choose the recovery
    console optiobn
    Adder, Feb 7, 2005
  6. Leon Noel

    Daver Guest