Win XP / IE Situation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robbie, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Hi,

    A couple of days ago I maximized Internet Explorer which I'm running on Win
    XP, and suddenly for the first time the maximize seemed to be
    malfunctioning.

    It does maximize, but it's apparent that it maximizez flush to the bottom of
    the screen, and not down to the task bar as it normally would. i.e. it seems
    that the very bottom of the window hides BEHIND the task bar at the foot of
    the screen. As a result of this, the top of IE also comes down when
    maximized, so that you can see the desktop at the top of the screen, with
    about the same height as the task bar. And all this when I maximize the IE
    window.

    Weird one, I know. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Rob

    Robbie, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Wizard wrote:

    > Now I'm sure you are a troll, not just the pompous AH you sound like.

    Nothing beats a top posting fuckchop like your fine self.

    Cunning Linguist, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Robbie

    °Mike° Guest

    Right click on the task bar, select 'Properties' and
    check 'Keep the taskbar on top of other windows'.

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:55:53 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cdo2v9$gc8$>
    Robbie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Finally!! Someone with a useful posting! Cheers for the help Mike.

    As for the rest of you.... hmmmm... indeeed!! Thank you too! lol

    Robbie, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Robbie

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:09:43 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cdphfn$m7i$>
    Robbie scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Robbie