    around the e but why after upgrading to sp3 and ie8, I still have the blue
    ie logo without yellow line around it?
    TIA

    bardeban, Sep 25, 2010

  2. bardeban

    philo Guest

    On 09/24/2010 10:05 PM, bardeban wrote:
    > I bought a laptop with win xp home sp2 on it. the ie logo on desktop was
    > blue.
    > I upgraded to sp3 and ie8 but the ie logo is still blue.
    > Usually when you install ie8, you will get the logo with a yellow line
    > around the e but why after upgrading to sp3 and ie8, I still have the
    > blue ie logo without yellow line around it?
    > TIA

    If it works../.
    what difference does it make?

    you want a logo

    get one here and assign whichever one you want

    http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...snum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQsAQwAA&biw=1680&bih=738

    philo, Sep 25, 2010

  3. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > On 09/24/2010 10:05 PM, bardeban wrote:
    >> I bought a laptop with win xp home sp2 on it. the ie logo on desktop was
    >> blue.
    >> I upgraded to sp3 and ie8 but the ie logo is still blue.
    >> Usually when you install ie8, you will get the logo with a yellow line
    >> around the e but why after upgrading to sp3 and ie8, I still have the
    >> blue ie logo without yellow line around it?
    >> TIA

    > If it works../.
    > what difference does it make?
    >
    > you want a logo
    >
    > get one here and assign whichever one you want
    >

    > http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...snum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQsAQwAA&biw=1680&bih=738

    It works fine but I thought there might be some maleware or virus

    bardeban, Sep 25, 2010
  4. bardeban

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:05:44 -0400, bardeban wrote:

    > I bought a laptop with win xp home sp2 on it. the ie logo on desktop was
    > blue.
    > I upgraded to sp3 and ie8 but the ie logo is still blue. Usually when
    > you install ie8, you will get the logo with a yellow line around the e
    > but why after upgrading to sp3 and ie8, I still have the blue ie logo
    > without yellow line around it? TIA

    Formatting the hard drive again will fix that (common) problem.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet refused to give him some Pooh-tang.

    Dan C, Sep 25, 2010
  5. bardeban

    chuckcar Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> On 09/24/2010 10:05 PM, bardeban wrote:
    >>> I bought a laptop with win xp home sp2 on it. the ie logo on desktop
    >>> was blue.
    >>> I upgraded to sp3 and ie8 but the ie logo is still blue.
    >>> Usually when you install ie8, you will get the logo with a yellow
    >>> line around the e but why after upgrading to sp3 and ie8, I still
    >>> have the blue ie logo without yellow line around it?
    >>> TIA

    > It works fine but I thought there might be some maleware or virus

    No, you'd have far more problems than that if you got an infected
    version of IE. You *did* get it from microsoft.com right? All it is is a
    jpeg file. However there were colour changes up to and including IE 6.

    Also make sure that in display properties you are displaying *more* than
    8 bit colour. If you aren't you have problems with your video card and
    monitor drivers.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 25, 2010