    The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    the feature has been removed...

    Anyone know what might be wrong?
    MysticHLE, Aug 15, 2007

  2. MysticHLE wrote:
    > This is for Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > Programs menu without actually uninstalling it?
    >
    > I have already deleted the program subkey in registry in:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >
    > However, the odd thing is, that now, the program is only not
    > removable, but it stays on the list (there is no option to remove/
    > change it...the name is just there to be selected).
    >
    > The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    > the feature has been removed...
    >
    > Anyone know what might be wrong?

    Do you think anyone might know what program you're talking about?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 15, 2007

  3. MysticHLE

    olfart Guest

    "MysticHLE" <> wrote in message
    > This is for Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > Programs menu without actually uninstalling it?
    >
    > I have already deleted the program subkey in registry in:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >
    > However, the odd thing is, that now, the program is only not
    > removable, but it stays on the list (there is no option to remove/
    > change it...the name is just there to be selected).
    >
    > The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    > the feature has been removed...
    >
    > Anyone know what might be wrong?

    Google for ccleaner or crapcleaner.
    olfart, Aug 15, 2007
  4. MysticHLE

    MysticHLE Guest

    On Aug 15, 1:40 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > MysticHLE wrote:
    > > This is for Windows XP Home Edition.

    > > Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > > Programs menu without actually uninstalling it?

    > > I have already deleted the program subkey in registry in:

    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    > > However, the odd thing is, that now, the program is only not
    > > removable, but it stays on the list (there is no option to remove/
    > > change it...the name is just there to be selected).

    > > The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    > > the feature has been removed...

    > > Anyone know what might be wrong?

    > Do you think anyone might know what program you're talking about?- Hide quoted text -

    The program is MapleStory.
    MysticHLE, Aug 15, 2007
  5. MysticHLE

    John Holmes Guest

    MysticHLE "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > This is for Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > Programs menu without actually uninstalling it?
    >
    > I have already deleted the program subkey in registry in:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >
    > However, the odd thing is, that now, the program is only not
    > removable, but it stays on the list (there is no option to remove/
    > change it...the name is just there to be selected).
    >
    > The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    > the feature has been removed...
    >
    > Anyone know what might be wrong?

    http://windowsxpntricks.blogspot.com/2007/08/remove-uninstallable-xp-
    utilities.html

    --
    Your mother was a mud-soaked chicken farmer who burnt her bra in an
    igloo.
    John Holmes, Aug 15, 2007
  6. MysticHLE

    MysticHLE Guest

    On Aug 15, 2:02 pm, John Holmes <> wrote:
    > MysticHLE "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    > > This is for Windows XP Home Edition.

    > > Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > > Programs menu without actually uninstalling it?

    > > I have already deleted the program subkey in registry in:

    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    > > However, the odd thing is, that now, the program is only not
    > > removable, but it stays on the list (there is no option to remove/
    > > change it...the name is just there to be selected).

    > > The latest version of TweakUI also doesn't work for this seeing as how
    > > the feature has been removed...

    > > Anyone know what might be wrong?

    > http://windowsxpntricks.blogspot.com/2007/08/remove-uninstallable-xp-
    > utilities.html
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a mud-soaked chicken farmer who burnt her bra in an
    > igloo.- Hide quoted text -

    This isn't about Windows Utilities though...
    MysticHLE, Aug 15, 2007
  7. Rôgêr wrote:

    > MysticHLE wrote:
    >> This is for Windows XP Home Edition.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    >> Programs menu without actually uninstalling it? <snip>

    > Do you think anyone might know what program you're talking about?

    Also begs the question why s/he wants to hide it from the list. Makes me
    think he is trying to conceal something from Mommy. <g>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 15, 2007
  8. MysticHLE

    MysticHLE Guest

    On Aug 15, 2:21 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    > > MysticHLE wrote:
    > >> This is for Windows XP Home Edition.

    > >> Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > >> Programs menu without actually uninstalling it? <snip>

    > > Do you think anyone might know what program you're talking about?

    > Also begs the question why s/he wants to hide it from the list. Makes me
    > think he is trying to conceal something from Mommy. <g>
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    This is actually for my friend. Her parents are kinda paranoid and
    don't want her playing. Kinda trying to help out...but ran into this
    problem.

    And yes, this is to hide it.
    MysticHLE, Aug 15, 2007
  9. MysticHLE

    olfart Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    > > MysticHLE wrote:
    > >> This is for Windows XP Home Edition.

    > >> Is there a way to properly remove a program from the Add/Remove
    > >> Programs menu without actually uninstalling it? <snip>

    > > Do you think anyone might know what program you're talking about?

    > Also begs the question why s/he wants to hide it from the list. Makes me
    > think he is trying to conceal something from Mommy. <g>
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    This is actually for my friend. Her parents are kinda paranoid and
    don't want her playing. Kinda trying to help out...but ran into this
    problem.

    And yes, this is to hide it.

    Then as I said earlier...download and install CCleaner
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/
    Under Tools you can delete the program or delete just the entry in
    Add/Remove.
    CCleaner will also do a good cleanup on the rest of your system
    olfart, Aug 15, 2007