    I know AIDA32 can get it, but on an installed copy. I browsed the CD
    but I don't know if there is a way to find it. Any ideas? Please help.

    Nick

    Nick, Oct 15, 2004

  2. "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a CD with Win XP Home Edition. I lost the cover with the CD
    > key. It's a brand new copy. I would like to install it on a computer.
    > I know AIDA32 can get it, but on an installed copy. I browsed the CD
    > but I don't know if there is a way to find it. Any ideas? Please help.
    >
    > Nick

    alt.cracks

    http://www.cracksearchengine.net/search.cgi?string=win xp activation

    «bonehead;\), Oct 15, 2004

  3. "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a CD with Win XP Home Edition. I lost the cover with the CD
    > key. It's a brand new copy. I would like to install it on a computer.
    > I know AIDA32 can get it, but on an installed copy. I browsed the CD
    > but I don't know if there is a way to find it. Any ideas? Please help.

    The same thing happened to one of my computers. Fortunately, I had a copy
    of XP "Corporate Edition" with a valid key that did not require activation.
    I just installed that on there... yea, it's illegal, but I don't care.
    Microsoft isn't losing anything because I already paid for a license to run
    XP Pro on that machine.

    Patrick Michael, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Nick

    jjw Guest

    is Coporate the same as Professional minus the activation (with respect to
    features)?

    jjw

    jjw, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Nick

    Mark Guest

    Carefull....Patrick is an admitted thief.

    Mark, Oct 16, 2004
  6. "jjw" <> wrote in message
    > is Coporate the same as Professional minus the activation (with respect to
    > features)?

    Yes.

    Patrick Michael, Oct 16, 2004
  7. "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Carefull....Patrick is an admitted thief.

    and proud of it.

    Patrick Michael, Oct 16, 2004
  8. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "jjw" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > is Coporate the same as Professional minus the activation (with respect to
    > features)?
    >
    > jjw
    >
    > "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I have a CD with Win XP Home Edition. I lost the cover with the CD
    > >> key. It's a brand new copy. I would like to install it on a computer.
    > >> I know AIDA32 can get it, but on an installed copy. I browsed the CD
    > >> but I don't know if there is a way to find it. Any ideas? Please help.

    > > The same thing happened to one of my computers. Fortunately, I had a copy
    > > of XP "Corporate Edition" with a valid key that did not require
    > > activation. I just installed that on there... yea, it's illegal, but I
    > > don't care. Microsoft isn't losing anything because I already paid for a
    > > license to run XP Pro on that machine.

    Hi Patrick,

    How are you today my friend.By the time when I was posting my first
    message I was thinking that someone like you will come out with this
    question.Well,nothing wrong with that.I was a Network engineer student
    in Miami and we got a computer kit for the assembly class and the copy
    came with.I trow out the cover and when I realized that the garbage
    was not there anymore.By that time I could get a XP copy for $10(the
    school deal with Microsoft).I know ways around to make a "good"
    key,but my question was if there is any way to find it by browsing the
    CD or any program that will retrieve it.You see on my home computer(XP
    Pro)I can get thr CD key easily with AIDA32,but from a CD that was
    never installed I don't know how.
    Thanks for help everyone!

    Nick, Oct 16, 2004
  9. Nick

    sethra Guest

    (Nick) wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a CD with Win XP Home Edition. I lost the cover with the CD
    > key. It's a brand new copy. I would like to install it on a computer.
    > I know AIDA32 can get it, but on an installed copy. I browsed the CD
    > but I don't know if there is a way to find it. Any ideas? Please help.

    The key is not "on" the cd anywhere, so you won't find it, and can't
    "recover" it unless it's already installed on a machine (as you've
    mentioned, AIDA and several other apps can do this).

    Windows just runs keys through a validation algorithm when they're typed
    in during installation, but doesn't "validate" anything "on" the cd.

    If it's a legal copy, your best bet would probably be to call MS support
    and plead your case.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Oct 16, 2004
  10. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Barry Watzman <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > It's not possible. All of the CDs are the same, the product key does
    > not exist in any form on an uninstalled CD.
    >

    > Nick wrote:
    > > "jjw" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >
    > >>is Coporate the same as Professional minus the activation (with respect to
    > >>features)?
    > >>
    > >>jjw
    > >>
    > >>"Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi Patrick,
    > >
    > > How are you today my friend.By the time when I was posting my first
    > > message I was thinking that someone like you will come out with this
    > > question.Well,nothing wrong with that.I was a Network engineer student
    > > in Miami and we got a computer kit for the assembly class and the copy
    > > came with.I trow out the cover and when I realized that the garbage
    > > was not there anymore.By that time I could get a XP copy for $10(the
    > > school deal with Microsoft).I know ways around to make a "good"
    > > key,but my question was if there is any way to find it by browsing the
    > > CD or any program that will retrieve it.You see on my home computer(XP
    > > Pro)I can get thr CD key easily with AIDA32,but from a CD that was
    > > never installed I don't know how.
    > > Thanks for help everyone!

    Thank you Barry and Sethra.
    Now I understand.