    today but still have the problem. Do I have a software or hardware
    problem?

    Thanks,
    DThang, Dec 7, 2003

  2. DThang

    space cadet Guest

    "DThang" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Some help please.
    >
    > My computer is home built and use Win XP professional. I use AOL dial
    > up. During the dial up sequence (step#5 "talking to network") the
    > computer often crash. However, if I play Window Media for a few
    > minutes before dialing up there is no problem. Just replace the modem
    > today but still have the problem. Do I have a software or hardware
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanks,

    what do you expect using AOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    space cadet, Dec 7, 2003

  3. DThang

    Michael-NC Guest

    "space cadet" <> wrote in message

    > "DThang" <> wrote in message
    > > Some help please.
    > >
    > > My computer is home built and use Win XP professional. I use AOL dial
    > > up. During the dial up sequence (step#5 "talking to network") the
    > > computer often crash. However, if I play Window Media for a few
    > > minutes before dialing up there is no problem. Just replace the modem
    > > today but still have the problem. Do I have a software or hardware
    > > problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    > what do you expect using AOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jeez, what do the other 30 million people do?
    Michael-NC, Dec 7, 2003
  4. DThang

    space cadet Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message

    > "space cadet" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "DThang" <> wrote in message
    > > > Some help please.
    > > >
    > > > My computer is home built and use Win XP professional. I use AOL dial
    > > > up. During the dial up sequence (step#5 "talking to network") the
    > > > computer often crash. However, if I play Window Media for a few
    > > > minutes before dialing up there is no problem. Just replace the modem
    > > > today but still have the problem. Do I have a software or hardware
    > > > problem?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,

    > > what do you expect using AOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    > >

    > Jeez, what do the other 30 million people do?
    >
    > come on everybody knows that AOL software screws your computer up,I am as

    guilty as anyone because when I first started on the computer ladder my
    first isp was AOL,I soon realised that this hideous piece of software that
    was installed on my hard disk was causing me all kinds of problems and I
    promptly ditched AOL and all my computer related problems disappeared.
    space cadet, Dec 7, 2003
  5. DThang

    Melissa Lane Guest

    http://twe.peoplepc.com:8080/trellix/sitebuilder/f_edit_page.html