    --
    Thanks & regards,

    Jude

    Jude, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Jude

    Too Sexy Guest

    Yes, this is a feature you had to turn off to use Nero (at least with the
    older version),
    if there's no option for this in one of the properties tabs, check the Nero
    installation help for this and do the opposite,

    my quess is that you can also find this in the windows help

    Too Sexy, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Jude

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Jude" <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
    >I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files to the
    >writeable CD.
    >I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
    >If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I want to
    >remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
    >Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

    See MVP Alex Nichol's article on CD writing in Windows XP at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Jude

    Patrick Guest

    Jude wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Can anyone help me with a CD writing problem?
    > I use Win XP pro but cannot get it to write to CD by dragging files
    > to the writeable CD.
    > I was wondering if I have inadvertently turned this feature off.
    > If I use a CD Writing package like Nero then it is no problem but I
    > want to remove Nero and use Windows own built in cd writing software.
    > Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

    Right-click on your burner-drive (from wherever)
    Select Properties
    Select 'Recording' tab
    Tick box that says 'Enable recording on this CD drive' (this is to allow XP
    burner S'w)
    (note this *might* interfere with Nero)

    Above said, other information is available at the link below
    (perhaps scroll down a bit to get at the more relevent parts to you)

    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    Patrick, Aug 26, 2003