    connect automatically at Windows startup?

    Tia.

    Peter
    Peter, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Peter

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in
    news:412b0441$0$7149$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I use Win XP Pro. I have a cable connection that requires login and
    > password. To connect I have to 1) open the connection manually or 2)
    > add a shortcut to startup in startmenu - all programs. Is there
    > another way to connect automatically at Windows startup?

    From a Windows O/S standpoint, the answer is NO. Can a 3rd party program
    that may need to be in the Start folder start the ISP program and supply
    the user-id and psw? It is possible.

    You may want to check SnapFiles for such an application.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Peter

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:02:58 +0200, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I use Win XP Pro. I have a cable connection that requires login and
    >password. To connect I have to 1) open the connection manually or 2) add a
    >shortcut to startup in startmenu - all programs. Is there another way to
    >connect automatically at Windows startup?
    >
    >Tia.
    >
    >Peter

    A router/gateway like D-Link, Belkin, Netgear, Linksys, etc.
    It will negotiate the connection automatically (you don't need ANY
    connection software anymore). Ebay - Around $20.00
    Unk, Aug 24, 2004